Maybe DNS issue with vlan on WIFI

Options

Hello,

I did some network segmentation last week.

Vlan 1 is still the server and printer vlan
Vlan 2 is the computer vlan

Everything's OK when I'm wired.

But when I'm connected by wifi on vlan2 (ssid with pvid 2) I have GPO problems or I'm told there's a dns problem.

To test this, I created two rules on my USG that open all traffic between vlan 1 and vlan 2.
NSLOOKUP finds my domain

GPUPDATE tells me "name resolution failure on the current domain controller". Note that everything works when I'm on a wired connection.

I've been working on it for 3 days without finding the problem.

Similarly, I can't print on wifi. It tells me that the RPC server is unreachable, whereas if I switch to wired it works.

Need help...

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Chrysler,

Could you help to confirm the port of your switch, which connects to the AP, is a VLAN 2 member and tagged out?

" I can't print on wifi. It tells me that the RPC server is unreachable, whereas if I switch to wired it works." May I know if you mean you cannot ping any device on WiFi?

Zyxel Melen

• Chrysler
    Chrysler Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Yes,
    The port of the AP have the vlan 1 untaged (by default) and vlan2 taged.
    SSID is on the vlan2, i receive the good dhcp address, i can access to servers who are in vlan1.

" I can't print on wifi. It tells me that the RPC server is unreachable,
    whereas if I switch to wired it works." May I know if you mean you
    cannot ping any device on WiFi?

—> When laptops are connected on the WLAN network i can't print on the printer (who are in vlan1). But, i can ping the printer and i have access to the http website of the printer.

But all it works when the laptop is wired connected.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Chrysler,

Thanks for your information. To investigate your issue, I would like to clarify some questions with you:

1. Your model and the current firmware version.
    2. Your configuration. Can you navigate to Maintenance > File Manager > Configuration File to download the "Start-up config" file?
    3. Could you help to change the SSID to VLAN 1 and test? I would like to know if VLAN 1 works?

Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen