USG40 and DynDNS

Options
Poppen
Poppen Posts: 5
First Comment

Hi!

I've a DynDNS account with an FTP domain directed to a Zyxel USG40 firewall. Behind the firewall there is two Synology Diskstations with each fixed IP in Interface "lan1", provided by DHCP from the USG40. I can't get the USG40 to update DDNS without a "Fail" each time, seems to be no matter the settings. Account at DynDNS are OK, but what settings should I use and are correct ??

All Replies

• Poppen
    First Comment
    Options

No one ? 😔

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,795  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Don't have DynDNS but hae No-IP and Dynu with User custom settings

Are you using DynDNS as DDNS type and set on a WAN interface?

• Poppen
    First Comment
    Options

Hi !

The USG40 are connected to Internet through the WAN-interface P1. Then the LAN1-interface P2 are connected to a Gigabit switch and all other computers and Synology Diskstations are connected to that switch. The USG40 are DHCP-server but all connections are forced to fixed IP by their MAC-adress. I could access the Diskstations inside the LAN1-interface.

I used to have another Zyxel firewall (Zywall 2 ??) and got that working, but I think I used Port redirection somehow to get the FTP call (with a port #) from outside to pass the Firewall to the correct IP for respectively Diskstation. But that old firewall died and I can't see what I did then to get it working.

When I check DDNS status on the USG40 it says "Updating" and then always changes to "fail"

• PeterUK
    Options

show DDNS settings you have put in

• Poppen
    First Comment
    Options
  • PeterUK
    Options

set interface to WAN1 with IP address to auto unless I got the wrong idea you normally want DDNS to update what WAN IP you have or if you do want to update DDNS to that IP set interface to WAN1

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 133  Ally Member
    Options

capture packets to see the negotiation when you updated DDNS.

• Poppen
    First Comment
    Options

Hi again!

No WAN1-interface still fails while updating DDNS. When I try to access the FTP-link from outside (internet) I end up to the USG40 admin login. The FTP-request for the Diskstation IP (192.168.1.37) don't pass the firewall. I'm too newbie to capture packets etc, more of an Plug & Play guy :-)

• Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 771  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @Poppen ,

Greeting Forum, Please change firewall FTP port to other.
    if the issue still, we can have quick remote session. I'm avaialble at 09:00~17:00 Taiwan time.

Thank you

Security Highlight