SSL VPN connects successfully but then immediately disconnects

Options
AMORGAN
AMORGAN Posts: 2
First Comment

Hi

I'm having a problem with a new laptop that cannot sustain a SSL VPN connection using the SecuExtender 4.0.5 client to a USG 40. The laptop is running Windows 11 Pro but I have another two laptops running Windows 11 Pro and the SecuExtender 4.0.5 client which are working without issue.

Looking at the log entries, see attached image, the connection is made, logon is completed and then after 20-30 seconds the user is logged off and the connection is closed in an apparently orderly sequence.

I have tried to resolve the issue by: reinstalled the SecuExtender 4.0.5 client, updating WiFi drivers on the laptop (the laptop does not have a physical LAN port and is WiFi only), tried different SSL VPN user account, disabled firewall and intrusion detection on the laptop (ESET). But none of these changes have made any difference.

Can anyone suggest what could be causing this and how to proceed to a solution?

Thanks

Alan

Accepted Solution

• Tomi
    Tomi Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Please disable all wireless optimizer services and try again. I had to disable DellOptimizer.exe 
    and Dell.CoreServices.Client.exe to get it working. I'm pretty sure that all manufacturers are using something similar "optimizers"…

BR, Tomi

All Replies

• Tomi
    Tomi Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Please disable all wireless optimizer services and try again. I had to disable DellOptimizer.exe 
    and Dell.CoreServices.Client.exe to get it working. I'm pretty sure that all manufacturers are using something similar "optimizers"…

BR, Tomi

• AMORGAN
    AMORGAN Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Tomi

Thanks for the suggestion, that solved the issue. I dug around in the pre-install Dell software and found an option to disable network optimization and the VPN began working, also improved ping times by 25%.

Regards

Alan

Security Highlight