Options
2»

All Replies

• studio
    studio Posts: 7
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Jeff

I have already downloaded the firmware, but the problem is that I can't do anything in the console, it doesn't accept any commands.
    As soon as I connect to the console with putty (RS232 cable), it just shows a message repeating endlessly at a regular interval:
    FLASH: AMD 16M

In this situation I can neither reset nor load the firmware.

I don't know if there is a command to unblock this situation and then allow me to restore the firmware.

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

@Zyxel_Jeff : Thank you for the firmware link and the suggestions. It looks like @studio has great difficulty in trying to end the continuous stream of console warning messages (FLASH: AMD 16M). If there is a known method to stop the console messaging, I think that would be the most helpful step for @studio to be able to continue the process of reset/recovery/firmware reload or upgrade.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,086  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @smb_corp_user OK, thank you.

Hi @studio Could you press the reset button for around 5 seconds and then release it to try resetting the Zywall USG 100? This action could be helpful for you. Once you have successfully reset the Zywall USG 100, please check if the device is functioning normally or not. Thanks.

• studio
    Options

I have already tried several times to do the reset procedure indicated in the user manual (hold down the reset button with a paper clip) but nothing happens, the continuous flow of warning messages from the console is always the same:

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @studio

Regarding the console message "FLASH: AMD 16M," there are two possible reasons why this log message might appear:

(1). The power adaptor's voltage may not be stable. Please check if the power adaptor is functioning normally. Perhaps, you can use another appropriate adaptor to verify it.

(2). If the firewall has a hardware issue, it may also show this message. If so, we recommend considering an upgrade to Zyxel's new firewall product.

Thanks.

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    Options

Very good points. I should have known that the power adapter could have an issue separately from the Zyxel device itself. Quite possible scenario based on the event of the area power failure.

Then again, there is also the potential for device hardware failure issue, just like you said.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Hi @smb_corp_user

OK, thank you for your comment😀.

• studio
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for the suggestion nr.1.

I have replaced the power supply, and the device works well.

However, I’m taking the opportunity to upgrade, and I’ve already purchased a new Zyxel firewall that will arrive soon.

Thanks again

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @studio

OK, no problem. Many thanks for your update and feedback. Thank you for purchasing the Zyxel firewall product. If you have any questions in the future, please let us know😊.

Security Highlight