XGS1250-12 - Incomplete VLAN configuration after reboot

Options

I have 2 x XGS1250-12 switches. Both running the latest firmware V2.00(ABWE.0)C0. The scenario described below applies to both of them:

• They have a total of 10 VLANs configured + default VLAN 1.
  • Nothing is configured on VLAN 1. No port PVIDs and it's is a non-member on all ports.
  • Those VLANs are trunked on all 4 x 10Gbps ports of those switches which are connected to other switches or to Servers.
  • All other 1Gbps interfaces are Access interfaces for End-Users or other services (printers, cameras, etc).
  • No link aggregation configuration.
  • No Mirroring.
  • No QoS.
  • No IGMP Snooping.
  • Under MGMT, DHCP was disabled, IP was made static and the MGMT VLAN was set to one of those VLANs created.
  • HTTPS is enabled.

Whenever those switches are reloaded, their VLAN configurations always come back incomplete. Most PVIDs are back to VLAN 1. Most port configurations for VLANs which were non-members are now showing up as tagged.

If I recover the configuration from a backup, it asks to reload the switch which in turn, comes back incomplete/broken again.

Anyone had this issue before? Any tips here?

Thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 499  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Slacked1976

Thank you for clarifying the issue with your switch.

When you mention the VLAN configurations come back incomplete after reloading, did you mean reloading the web GUI or rebooting the device? It is crucial to ensure that all changes are applied and saved properly before exiting the web GUI.

If you've consistently applied and saved your settings and the issue persists, could you please share the configuration file with us? This will allow us to analyze and provide a more specific solution.

Zyxel Nami

• Slacked1976
    Options

Hi, thanks for your response.

By reload I mean rebooting the device.

Yes, it is consistent: after a reboot, both of my switches always lose part of the configuration. By that I mean, several interfaces with PVIDs on a VLAN (which is not VLAN 1) come back after reboot as PVID on VLAN 1. Those affected interfaces which also have different TAG/UNTAG profiles for different VLANs, all come back with TAG all VLANs and UNTAG VLAN 1 (meaning they reverted back to the default configuration of the switch).

Also, one quick correction of my original post: using the restore configuration function does reboot the switch, but it does come back with the full configuration after that.

Configurations attached here.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited April 15
    Options

Hello @Slacked1976

Thank you for providing the files.

I have sent you messages asking for the passwords and static IP address you configured. Please reply via the private message.

Zyxel Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @Slacked1976

After applying your configuration files to our local XGS1250-12, we were unable to replicate the issue you described. To better understand the problem, could you please provide a screen recording that shows the VLAN settings reverting to incomplete after the device reboots?

Also, one quick correction of my original post: using the restore configuration function does reboot the switch, but it does come back with the full configuration after that.

⇒ Yes, it is expected behavior for the switch to reboot when the restore configuration function is used. This process is necessary to apply and fully integrate the new configuration file into the system.

Zyxel Nami