USG40W using OPT for WAN no Internet

Options
CRU_Technologies
CRU_Technologies Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
I have just reconfigured a USG40W (it was using the WAN port on a PPoE connection), and now using the OPT port as WAN on an Ethernet Circuit.  It is configured as a WAN port in port roles.  The trunk has been updated just to use this connection.
The device is on the internet (I am remotely accessing it), and the (reconfigured Site to Site VPN is working fine), but client machines cannot access the internet.
I cannot ping from a client machine (can from the USG).
Is it an issue with using the OPT port?
Thanks,
Simon.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2019
    Options

Have you allowed like from LAN1 to OPT for the firewall?

You may have to add a routing rule like:

network > routing > policy route

add

incoming: interface

please select one member : Lan1

next-hop

type: interface

interface: OPT

address translation

source network address translation: outgoing-interface

• CRU_Technologies
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula
    Options
    Hi Peter,
    Thank you for the response.
    I did the exact same process on a corresponding USg310 at the same time, and didn't need to change or add any routing.
    Simon.

• CRU_Technologies
    Options
    Update:
    Just got off the phone with ZyXel support and it is an issue with the OPT port.  Sebastian had to create Routing Policy Route to specifically send the traffic the right way.  
    Simon.

Security Highlight