Ports without link on two Zyxel XS1930-12HP

Options
LBMedia
LBMedia Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment

I bought two Zyxel XS1930-12HP switches (used/refurbished - different sellers) and experience the same problem with both of them:

Some of the ports don't establish a link, although PoE is available on all of them.
At one of the two switches only port 9 - 10 establish a link and port 1 - 8 don't.
At the other one, port 2 - 5 and 9 - 10 work as expected, but port 1 and 6 - 8 don't establish a link.

I reset both switches to the factory defaults first and updated their firmware to the most recent one. I tested all the ports with the same devices (especially a Zyxel WBE660S).

On the second of the two devices I also noticed a strange thing in the configuration:

As show in the screenshot, it looks like port 8 thinks it is an SFP+ port as well although of course it isn't.

I could not test the SFP+ ports on both devices because I don't own any hardware for this.

Probably I can return both devices if they remain nonfunctional, but I wonder if this happens more frequently to (older?) switches of this series. If so, I'm not sure if it is a good solution for me to buy a new one!?

Any help to get the devices working would be very appreciated.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LBMedia,

After checking, this issue is more likely related to hardware issue. Please help to contact your seller for the RMA process.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @LBMedia,

May I know if the port link issue remains after you reset these switches to factory default?

And could you help to collect the tech support for me to check? I checked my XS1930 with the latest firmware version does not have this option.

Zyxel Melen

• LBMedia
    edited May 7
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen ,

thank you for the quick response.

After using the second of the two switches (the one with more ports working) for about half a day with the Access Point, all ports stopped establishing a link (PoE still working). This problem persists even a reset via the restore button on the outside of the device. So I can't access this device anymore and can't export the tech support for you.

But for the first switch it remained the same. Only ports 9 - 10 are working. I did a factory reset again - still nothing changed - and collected the tech support for you and attached it below. This one doesn't show the wrong port in the web UI as well, but looks like the screenshot you posted from your device.

I hope, you can find something helpful in the tech support file.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @LBMedia,

Thanks for the tech support. After checking, the issue you faced looks to match our known issue.

To confirm this issue, could you help provide a remote session or remote PC for us to access your switch and check? I will send a private message to you for the request. Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LBMedia,

After checking, this issue is more likely related to hardware issue. Please help to contact your seller for the RMA process.

Zyxel Melen

• LBMedia
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Melen ,

Thank you very much for checking. I will return both switches and buy a new one.

If I still have problems with it I will get back to you.