DNS Zone setting has conflicted - error creating local dns records

Options
IT_Mbeya
IT_Mbeya Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Have a Zywall 200 G wanting to set up some local dns entries. When I create any record with a FQDN (matching the domain name entered on the System> Host Name ) e.g. SWITCHA.my-domain.net, the entry is rejected with the error -14016 "DNS zone setting has conflicted". I can't find any help on that error. If enter a record for SWITCHA, i.e. not fully qualified, the name service running on the Zywall simply stops responding to any requests until I remove the unqualified name. 

Any ideas? I don't get any hits on that error.

Thanks,
Steve

Accepted Solution

• IT_Mbeya
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Charlle,
    Thanks for your response. No, I don't have anything like what you demonstrate. But today, trying again now, suddenly I can add the record. I have no idea why it generated that error last week but not today.

Steve

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @IT_Mbeya
    Can I know did you configure the same domain name(SWITCHA.my-domain.net) on Damain Zone Forward, and MX Record?
    If yes, device will display this error message, since the same domain with different IP address(Not allowed).

Charlie
  • IT_Mbeya
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Charlle,
    Thanks for your response. No, I don't have anything like what you demonstrate. But today, trying again now, suddenly I can add the record. I have no idea why it generated that error last week but not today.

Steve
  • IT_Mbeya
    Options
    Sorry. Please ignore my previous post - the error is continuing. This the first record I am entering. Any local record (matching my domain) gets rejected with the error. 

Security Highlight