XGS1250-12 switch : web GUI inaccessible after few hours

PaulSSSSS
PaulSSSSS Posts: 2
First Comment

Hello,

I have installed this brand new switch a few days ago. Initially all works well, i can manage it through http gui.

But later when i come back on the webgui, i get a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED " answer." (no changes done in the meantime).

I discovered this yesterday foir the first time, 2 days after setup. To solve this i tried a reboot, finally i had to restore factory settings for the switch webgui to become available again.

Less than one day later, i see that the problem happens again, my webgui is no more available, ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED again.

I have seen your questions on the dame type of problem :

1. Could you please specify the devices connected to the switch?
  • devices : Freebox pop (dhcp server), tplink archer ac50 configured as wifi access point; other devices : PCs, playstation 4, yamaha amplificator, Western digital Nas, Android boxes. The switch has a static dhcp reservation. Zon tool shows that the ip of the switch is correct. I'm also able to ping the switch successfully.
  • Based on your description, it seems you're unable to access the switch interface. Can you confirm if the traffic is being forwarded as usual during this time?
  • Yes
  • What was the status of the switch LEDs when the issue occurred? Specifically, could you describe the status of the Port LEDs?
  • Power / sys led is fixed green
  • How frequently does this issue occur?
  • It's the second time in 2 days.
  • I have upgraded the switch to the latest firmware V2ABWE.0 2 days ago.

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solution

• PaulSSSSS
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

To control the dhcp configuration, i have changed the ip reservation to a new ip & reboot the switch (using power removal as i had lost access to admin ;-( )

The switch has moved to the new ip after reboot & i immediatly have access to the gui.

→ No problem on the mac / ip relation.

After this change, i tried to ping the old ip & i received an aswer ⇒ it's a device that has a static ip configured probably ⇒ you were right it was an ip conflict.

⇒ problem solved.

Thanks for your help, have a good day

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 655  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    edited May 15

Hi @PaulSSSSS

Based on your description, it seems the issue with accessing the XGS1250-12 switch’s web GUI might stem from the DHCP configuration on your Freebox acting as a DHCP server. Double-check that the MAC address used for the DHCP reservation matches the switch's physical MAC address precisely.

After that, if the issue hasn't solved, we should consider the possibility of an IP conflict. Please try simplifying your network setup temporarily: DHCP Server -> XGS1250-12 -> PC. Test the web GUI access in this configuration and observe if the issue persists.

Additionally, could you verify if you've configured a management VLAN on the switch? Knowing which ports connect to the DHCP server and your PC, along with a screenshot of the VLAN settings, would also aid in troubleshooting further.

These pieces of information will help in further troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• PaulSSSSS
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

To control the dhcp configuration, i have changed the ip reservation to a new ip & reboot the switch (using power removal as i had lost access to admin ;-( )

The switch has moved to the new ip after reboot & i immediatly have access to the gui.

→ No problem on the mac / ip relation.

After this change, i tried to ping the old ip & i received an aswer ⇒ it's a device that has a static ip configured probably ⇒ you were right it was an ip conflict.

⇒ problem solved.

Thanks for your help, have a good day