SSL VPN App for Android and IOS platform

Zyxel_Stanley
Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,378  Zyxel Employee
100 Answers 1000 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
edited July 2 in Security Ideas
This discussion was created from comments split from: SSLVPN for Android or IOS platform
Description: Currently SSL VPN software only support for Windows and MacOS. But without App for Android or platform.
Click like if you think the feature is useful and beneficial.
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zhewar
    Zhewar Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Also for linux!
  • Jirka
    Jirka Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    So when will be ready ?? :D
  • bprinzis
    bprinzis Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    edited December 2019

I think it is essential to develope a SecuExender App for iOS/Android! Perhaps it would be easyer for you to open the USG SSL-VPN for existing apps like "OpenVPN Connect" for iOS.

Mobile devices are one of the most used devices by technicans and IPSec/L2TP are sometimes blocked at some Hotspots. Some of our customers therefore decided against a Zyxel firewall and instead bought one from Sophos or Cisco.

• Manuel_B
    Manuel_B Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment Fifth Anniversary
    Is there an ETA for SecuExtender for iOS?
  • ckelley
    ckelley Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment Sixth Anniversary
    Mobile devices are becoming more and more essential to business. The ability to tunnel in to a Zyxel device via SSL VPN is equally essential. How can a technology company choose to ignore this emerging trend/need?
  • Niviteka
    Niviteka Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector Fourth Anniversary
    edited June 3

Several years have passed and this idea has passed, but there are no changes. Mobile devices are increasingly taking over business, but Zyxel does not need this market?

• Zyxel_USG_User
    Zyxel_USG_User Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Since quite a while, one can use the wizard for IPSec or SSL VPN. It generates the corresponding files for Win, Mac, Android. Just copy the corresponding files on the appropriate devices, and everything works fine. If I am in a company hotspot blocking VPN's, then I work via my smartphone connection with the VPN's. There are many ways to make things work. Only if I have no mobile signal, I might ask the locals for VPN allowance across their infrastructure, or to connect me elsewhere, where VPN's are allowed (eg DMZ).