Windows updates - content filter (Firewall)

JAnkostik
JAnkostik Posts: 2
First Comment

Hello there,

I have a problem with windows updates because of firewall categories - it used to work with Bussines and Software/hardware option enabled, right now its not enough. I tried to enabled all categories for test purposes and updates worked after that. I would like to skip testing by enabling categories one by one, so have you guys any tips which category is additionally responsible for blocked windows updates.

Thank you in advance

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 163  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question, but I would like to suggest adding more information about your configuration, just in case it increases the chance someone will be able to help you find a solution. For example, knowing which Zyxel device (model & firmware version) you are using might make a difference to anyone wanting to help you find any working solutions.

I have read some web pages from Microsoft support and learning forums regarding Windows Update and ports to allow through firewalls. Several Windows Update server pages/sites do not have static addresses, so a working solution would have to include using URL addresses instead of IP addresses, as well as firewall support for address wildcards (asterisks, * ).

I can only wish you best of luck with your efforts and in getting help from other forum members.

• JAnkostik
    JAnkostik Posts: 2
    First Comment

It is USG FLEX 500

Firmware Version

V5.38(ABUJ.0)

Thanks, i tried those URL sites ( all of them were included in mentioned categories ) and still not succesfull :/

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 155  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary
    edited June 11

I'd like to use APP patrol instead. Here is App category named: Windows upgrade.

or follow PeterUK instruction setup blocklist on CF lists

Security Highlight