XMG1915-10EP not reachable via SFP+

braham
braham Posts: 2
First Comment

I recently added an SFP+ adapter to my XMG1915-10EP switch, to uplink it to a new switch using 10G copper. SFP is recognized (S+RJ10) and traffic is passing through (servers behind it are reachable).

However, in the Web configurator, the port status is showing DOWN. And also, the management IP is no longer working. I can ping the switch from a PC connected to the switch, but not from a PC connected to the other end of the SFP+ port.

Why is it showing to be "down" yet passing traffic ?

All Replies

• braham
    braham Posts: 2
    First Comment

Found the issue. I manually set the port speed to 10G, and now it is working again. Perhaps because the SFP is not a Zyxel one but Mikrotik ?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,295  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @braham,

ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.