USG FLEX 200 - SSL VPN and 2FA Authenticator App

Can anyone answer the question whether the new USG FLEX 200 supports 2-Factor authentication when connecting SSL VPN using, for example, the authenticator application like Google Authenticator or Microsoft Aythenticator?

Accepted Solution

• AdmineXant
    AdmineXant Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Zyxcell support answered my question directly:

For the USG FLEX series, it is possible to configure 2FA with GA for regular users using SSL VPN connections. 

Here's a link to an article in our knowledge base that explains the configuration and connection steps: 

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360001390774-VPN-Configure-SSL-VPN-via-SecuExtender-Stand-alone-mode

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,161  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited June 12

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't get Google Authenticator to work with SSL or IPSec VPN Access it works fine by Email

Your meant to go to Authorize Link URL Address put in the Google Authenticator code but it don't work? on a Flex200…

• AdmineXant
    First Comment
    edited June 13

What I meant was whether USG FLEX 200 supports 2FA for normal SSL VPN users. I can't find this information elsewhere. I would like to provide acces to company VPN with Google Authenticator as a 2FA.
    On my old ZyWall 110 i could run Google Authenticator only for admin when login to zywall GUI but for vpn was only e-mail link as a 2 factor auth .

• PeterUK

Yes I tried USG FLEX 200 for 2FA for Google Authenticator on SSL VPN users I could not get it to work only by Email

I could only get Google Authenticator for admin when login to zywall GUI to work

• AdmineXant
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Zyxcell support answered my question directly:

For the USG FLEX series, it is possible to configure 2FA with GA for regular users using SSL VPN connections. 

Here's a link to an article in our knowledge base that explains the configuration and connection steps: 

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360001390774-VPN-Configure-SSL-VPN-via-SecuExtender-Stand-alone-mode

• PeterUK

must of worked at some point but not any more😓

Security Highlight