Allow pc to connect from outside firewall

Gru_Ma
Gru_Ma Posts: 3
First Comment

Hello

in the same lan of firewall (on wan port) i have a pc that should be connet to server on the lan1 behind the firewall.

I shold make a fowarding or what?

Thanks to all

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,161  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited June 6

How is your setup done? Does the WAN have like 192.168.xxx.xxx does the LAN have 192.168.xxx.xxx

Does the PC have gateway IP to other firewall?

This looks like you need to enable Use IPv4 Policy Route to Overwrite Direct Route a long with the other firewall doing static route

• Gru_Ma
    Gru_Ma Posts: 3
    First Comment

Hello, thanks for reply.

The setup: I have a lan with standard router with 192.168.1.xx class and foward all ports to zyxel that have some ip group. In this lan i have a firewall ( zyxel) that make antother lan 192.168.0.x.

I need that a pc with 192.168.1.x can connect to server behind the firewall with ip 192.168.0.x

Thanks

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,161  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited June 13

what model is this zyxel firewall?

So there are some ways to do this.

1st make sure you do not have zyxel with any LAN in use or not in use with 192.168.1.xxx also your standard router with 192.168.1.xxx is /24?

so one way is to bridge and have 192.168.1.xxx with Zyxel as firewall by WAN to LAN depending on if thats what you want?

or have two subnets I then need to know if this standard router can do static routes?

or if your standard router can change its LAN gateway by DHCP to point to Zyxel as firewall to which to route back to the standard router for all devices.

or worst case to connect to the PC on on Zyxel from standard router you use the WAN IP Zyxel gets and NAT the port to the server 

Security Highlight