WAC6103D LAN1 port VLAN passthrough

FBenscher
FBenscher Posts: 2
First Comment

Dear all, I have a network with several VLAN's each connected to a different SSID. I would like to know if it is possible to connect an additional Access Point to an existing and working WAC6103D LAN1 port. Currently the second AP (connected to this LAN1 port) is seen and managed by the NXS2500 and the SSID corresponding to

the management LAN is getting connection to the corresponding DHCP server. But the other SSID's do not provide connection to their corresponding DHCP servers. I've added the corresponding VLAN id's to the VLAN Configuration tab, but still no pass through of these VLAN's from the uplink to LAN1..

Thanks in advance

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
    edited June 26

Hi @FBenscher ,

To better support you, could you help confirm your topology and configuration?

Specifically, are the VLANs for SSIDs different between AP1 and AP2, such as:

• AP1: VLANs 10, 20, 30, 40 and management VLAN 1
    • AP2: VLANs 50, 60 and management VLAN 1

And is the issue that there is no Internet connection for wireless clients connected to the SSIDs of AP2 with VLAN 50 and VLAN 60?

If possible, please provide us with the NXC2500 configuration as well. We will help to check your issue.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• FBenscher
    FBenscher Posts: 2
    First Comment

Dear Zyxel_Judy, the configuration picture is correct. I want to transmit on both AP1 and AP2 the same set of SSID's corresponding to their VLAN's (management VLAN1, VLAN10, VLAN20 and VLAN30). The issue is that on AP2 all SSID's are transmitted (config send by the NXC2500 to AP2) but only the SSID corresponding to the management VLAN1 is assigned an IP address and on the other SSID's the IP addresses are not provided (no connection to the DHCP server on the other VLAN's) It seems that on the LAN1 port of AP1 only the management VLAN1 is passed through to AP2.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hi @FBenscher ,

We tried to reproduce your case at our site, but we couldn't replicate the issue. The wireless clients were able to get VLAN10, VLAN20, VLAN 30 when connected to AP2.

We recommend you check the following:

• Ensure that the "Override Group LAN Setting" option is configured on AP1.
    • Verify if there is VLAN10, VLAN20, VLAN 30 interference configured in your gateway/firewall.

If the issue still persists, please follow the steps below to collect the diagnostic files from the NXC2500 and APs, as well as the NXC2500 configuration file. You can send these to us via private message by clicking on my account > Message.

Collect the diagnostic files from the NXC2500 and APs

Collect NXC2500 configuration file

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L