GS1915-8/8EP Unresponsive to Nebula and Zon and DHCP after some time

Soeren_Hvid_DK
Soeren_Hvid_DK Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Comment

I have 2 switches there after some time ( hours or days ) after reboot stops to communicate with Nebula and ZON utility and DHCP and do not responses to ping

The only way to start communication again is to reboot them.

The cloud led is on while no communication with cloud

The switch network (ports) function of are working when there no communication with cloud

the 2 switches has firmware V4.80

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 654  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @Soeren_Hvid_DK

Are you using network monitor apps like Domotz or PRTG on your site?

Also, please enable Zyxel Support Access so we can investigate the issue more thoroughly.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• Soeren_Hvid_DK
    First Comment

No i am not using network monitor apps like Domotz or PRTG, it is a very small site

I have invited Zyxel support as administrator, should I open a new case?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @Soeren_Hvid_DK

There is no need to open a ticket; we can address and respond to your issue via this forum thread.

I have 2 switches there after some time ( hours or days ) after reboot stops to communicate with Nebula and ZON utility and DHCP and do not responses to ping

⇒ Please help us clarify the issue:

1. Does this problem occur after rebooting, and does it return to normal when you reboot the switches again?
    2. When you mention rebooting, do you unplug the devices, or do you use the "reboot device" feature in Nebula?

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Nami

• Soeren_Hvid_DK
    First Comment

Reboot means i Power off/Power On the switches, the "reboot device" feature in Nebula is not possible/active

Yes, after power on the switch it occur again after some time, The switches is brand new, only a week old.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @Soeren_Hvid_DK

We've noticed that you've already opened a support ticket, and our technical team has requested that you capture packet data when you're available.

We kindly ask that you continue to follow up and provide updates through that existing ticket. This will help ensure a more efficient and streamlined support process.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nami

• Soeren_Hvid_DK
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

OK