GS1900-24HP: Disabled PoE on Port Still Powers On at Boot

busnotepress
busnotepress Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment

Greetings!

I have a GS1900-24HP (v2 I believe, just updated to firmware V2.80 ABTP.0). I love this switch! But this is driving me crazy: Port 17 has PoE disabled, still powers up on boot/reboot. Saved the config. When I open the port to edit the settings they are all correct, and when I save from there (see attached image) the PoE powers off. So my question is, is this by design? Do all the ports power-on PoE on boot, no matter what the settings? Seems like a bug. Same issue on the previous firmware. Thx!

Regards,
Dylan

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @busnotepress

After a thorough review, we've identified that some batches of the GS1900 series PoE switches exhibit the issue you've described. We'll include this bug fix in our later official firmware release.

If anyone encounters a similar issue, please provide your switch's tech support file so we can further investigate.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @busnotepress

Thank you for your inquiry and for sharing your experience with the GS1900-24HP switch. We're glad to hear you love the switch!

Regarding your issue with PoE on Port 17, we have tested similar configurations on firmware versions V2.70(ABTP.5)C0 and V2.80(ABTP.0)C0. In our tests, the configuration remains unchanged after a reboot.

Please ensure that you are saving the configuration correctly after applying the PoE settings. To save the configuration:

1. Make the necessary changes to the PoE settings.
    2. Click the 'Save' button at the top right corner of the switch's local GUI to save the configuration.

If the configuration is not saved properly, it will be erased after rebooting, causing the PoE settings to revert.

If you have followed these steps and are still experiencing the issue, please provide us a video recording and tech support file for us through private msg., and we will further investigate the matter.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• busnotepress
    busnotepress Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi Kay,

As I mentioned, I did save the configuration. The configuration is correct, as shown in the image attached previously.

However, in spite of this, when the switch boots/reboots, there is power enabled on the port, even though the configuration says it is not. I have not tried this on multiple switches, but I have tried multiple at/af power up settings with the same result.

When I go in to edit the port, making no changes but clicking 'Apply,' the PoE powers off immediately. So the impression is, the setting is correct, but the PoE still powers on on boot/reboot.

Regards,
    Dylan

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @busnotepress

Even though you have applied the configuration on the interface, please ensure that you have clicked the 'Save' button at the top right corner of the switch's local GUI to write the configuration permanently to the switch. If you don't click that 'Save' button, the configuration will be erased after rebooting.

If you have already saved the configuration properly and the issue persists, please provide us the following information through private msg. so we can further investigate.

1. A video recording of your procedure.
    2. Switch tech support file

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @busnotepress

After a thorough review, we've identified that some batches of the GS1900 series PoE switches exhibit the issue you've described. We'll include this bug fix in our later official firmware release.

If anyone encounters a similar issue, please provide your switch's tech support file so we can further investigate.

Kay