NWA50AX - some device no longer connect since the firmware update

Rodukas
Rodukas Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

Hello.

I have two NWZ50AX at home and there was a firmware update planned on 29jul 02:00 am.

Since that time, some of my home appliances (7 Air conditioning systems + my pool monitor) can no longer connect to the internet.

When trying to reconnect them, they simply do not find the SSID. It's very obvious for the pool monitor because it was sending measurements every hour and it stopped right at the time of the firmware update.

Other devices such as phones and laptop are working fine though.

Would you know what could have caused this problem? I did not change anything in the nebula setup for ages.

Thanks

R.>

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 642  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @Rodukas

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

To assist you further, could you please enable Zyxel Support Access on your device?

Additionally, let us know which SSID(s) are not being found by the impacted client devices. This information will help us investigate the issue more effectively.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Rodukas
    Rodukas Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Thank you Nami for your reply. I managed to find out the problem: 2.5G was not working althought enabled.

I associated the SSID with the devices by using tags and it worked!

• darxmurf
    darxmurf Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    Second Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hi,

Same problem here and it's randomly happening. My Access Point is powered by PoE in standalone mode and I'm booting it every morning. Since the last update, the 2.5G network is randomly invisible.

I already tried to factory reset the AP, reconfigure everything, it worked for a few days, until today.

Once the device booted today, I had to restart it from the web manager to see the 2.5G SSID again.

Cheers,

• Zyxel_Nami
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @darxmurf

To help us better understand and resolve your issue, could you please provide some additional information:

1. Did you upgrade the device from 6.29(ABYW.4)C0 to 7.00(ABYW.1)C0?
    2. Are all clients unable to see the 2.4GHz network, or is this issue limited to specific devices? If only certain devices are affected, could you specify the device types and models?

These details will help us diagnose the problem more accurately.

Thank you

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• darxmurf

Hi,

I think it was from 6.29(ABYW.3)C0 to 7.00(ABYW.1)C0.

This morning same issue. When turning on the Access point, only the 5G network was visible, non of my devices could see the 2.4G (linux laptop, windows desktop, android phone, linux embedded device).

Then, changing any parameter (like channel number) of the 2.4 network made it visible again.

But again, this issue only occurs after 3 or 4 power on. I usually turn on the AP end of the day but today it was 8AM. Not sure if this could explain the issue but maybe there is something time related in your firmware?

Best,

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @darxmurf

Just to confirm, are you intentionally powering on the AP every morning? Before upgrading to firmware version 7.00(ABYW.1)C0, this process didn’t impact the visibility of the 2.4GHz SSID. However, after the upgrade, you’ve noticed that the 2.4GHz SSID becomes invisible after the AP has been powered on and off 3-4 times. Do I understand this correctly?

We conducted a local test with an NWA50AX and a Windows laptop. After powering down and powering up the AP, the 2.4GHz SSID remained visible on the Windows laptop. Therefore, to investigate the issue further, please help us collect the diagnostic info file when the issue will reoccur by following this FAQ:

Additionally, if you're looking to control when the SSID broadcasts, you can specify the times via the "Schedule SSID" feature at Configuration > Object, select AP Profile > SSID tab > SSID List, then select the 2.4GHz SSID.

Nami

• darxmurf

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I'm powering up/down the AP on purpose. Everything shuts down automatically in the evening here as soon as I poweroff the internet router. I don't need those machines during the night.. As the AP in powered via PoE, as soon as I shutdown the switch, it shuts down the AP too.

I'll keep an eye on my AP for the next days and will send you the logs when the issue occurs again.

Best,

• darxmurf

Hi,

Juste sent you a private message with my log files.

Best,

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @darxmurf

I received, thank you very much.

So, before upgrading to the latest firmware, did you encounter the same issue?

Also, I noticed that the AP booted up around 7 PM yesterday (UTC+0). Was this after powering down the PoE switch?

Nami

• darxmurf

Hi,

No, everything was fine with the old firmware.

Yep, I powered up the system around this time. The AP is connected to a simple 5 ports PoE switch (Zyxel GS1005HP) that provides the power as soon as I turn it on.

About this issue, it always happens after 5 or 6 boot.

The fastest fix I found is to change the network channel and it comes back.

Best