NWA50AX - some device no longer connect since the firmware update

2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 642  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @darxmurf

Thank you for your information.

We are currently investigating the issue and will keep you updated.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    edited August 30

Hello @darxmurf

I wanted to provide an update on this case.

Based on your diagnostic file and description, the 2.4GHz SSID goes down after rebooting the device 2-3 times. The current workaround is adjusting some parameters in the web GUI, which makes it visible again.

This issue will be addressed in the next official firmware release. If anyone encounters this issue with firmware 7.00, please collect the diagnostic info when the issue reoccurs and send us via private message.

Thanks for your understanding.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Lewpy
    Lewpy Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Friend Collector

Hi @Zyxel_Nami

Is this fix in v7 Patch 2 that has recently been announced and released, or will it be in a future v7 Patch 3?

I can't see anything specific in the v7 Patch 2 release notes that mentions this issue being resolved.

Lewis.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi Lewis @Lewpy

It will be addressed in a future official firmware update, not in version 7.00 patch 2, which was recently released a few days ago.

Nami

• e_mano_e
    e_mano_e Posts: 88  Ally Member
    Fourth Anniversary First Answer 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi @Zyxel_Nami .

I'm encountering the same issue using a NWA50AX-PRO.

Until today my AccessPoint was on firmware V7.0 Patch 1. Today installed 7.0 Patch 2.

I will send you the diagnostic file via PM.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hello @e_mano_e

Thank you for providing the diagnostic information.

To assist you better, could you please provide more details about the issue you're experiencing?

We are currently addressing similar issues on the following models: NWA50AX, NWA90AX, and NWA55AXE. Your additional details will help us understand if your situation aligns with these ongoing investigations.

Nami

• e_mano_e
    e_mano_e Posts: 88  Ally Member
    Fourth Anniversary First Answer 10 Comments Friend Collector

My NWA50AX-PRO is powered by PoE using the Zyxel GS1900-24EP switch.

The specific switch port for the NWA50AX-PRO is configured using a schedule plan.

The switch shuts-off the NWA50AX-PRO at 23:59 and gives PoE power back in the morning at 6:00.

This worked without problems but since firmware 7.0 Patch 1 the SSID was missing, so my mobile phone cannot connect to the switch.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited September 11

Hello @e_mano_e

We have reviewed the diagnostic information and found that the 2.4GHz interface of the AP functions normally with one client connected. Additionally, we tried to reproduce your case with the NWA50AX PRO powered by a PoE Switch, and the 2.4GHz SSID is available.

To further investigate, please help us by collecting the diagnostic information when the issue reoccurs, and provide us with the timestamp and the client's MAC address.

Thank you

Nami

• tom_b
    tom_b Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Same issue, I have 2 NWAX50 access points, both upgraded this morning to the latest release.

Firstfloor access point is working normally on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

Groundfloor access point was no longer visible on channel 1 for 2.4Ghz. 5Ghz was working ok.

Additionally, the status information for the groundfloor AP is not being propagated into nebula.

I've tried rebooting and power cycling to no affect.

After changing the 2.4GHz channel config the groundfloor is now visible and I can connect to it using a client, but nebula is still not showing any clients connected.

If I check Site-wide → Clients, all clients are connected to the 1st floor access point.

The known clients connected to the ground floor are listed as offline.

Checking I can see a client connected in the event logs for the ground floor access point.

Summary:

Changing the channel seems to bring the 2.4 Ghz online as a temporary fix, but it seems to have stopped reporting info into Nebula.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hi @tom_b

To investigate further, please help enable Zyxel Support Access and provide your Org/Site name.

Thank you

Nami