XMG1915-10E: Flow Control

Matwolf
Matwolf Posts: 7  Freshman Member
First Comment Friend Collector

Hi,
is it possible to enable Flow Control on this network switch's ports?

On Zyxel website, standard compliance with "IEEE 802.3x flow control" is declared for the entire series of XMG1915 switches.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Matwolf
    Answer ✓

Cloud mode.

But even in Nebula interface the options were missing….

10 minutes ago I changed a global configuration for all my switches within Nebula (totally unrelated to flow control) and now I can see "Flow Control" and "Bandwidth Control" options in ports setup page.

But only in Nebula. Accessing the switch configuration page directly doesn't show the options.

Anyway, now my issue is solved ;)

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matwolf

Once your device is managed in Nebula cloud mode, most settings will be hidden in the local GUI. If you've already registered the device to Nebula cloud mode, please manage it via the Nebula Control Center to access the full configuration options. You can find the Flow Control setting under Site-wide > Configure > Switches > Switch ports.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
  • Matwolf

Yeah, I've seen that, but unfortunately the column "flow control" is missing in my interface…

• PeterUK
    edited August 30

odd…I take it this is standalone?

firmware upto date?

• Matwolf
    Answer ✓

Cloud mode.

But even in Nebula interface the options were missing….

10 minutes ago I changed a global configuration for all my switches within Nebula (totally unrelated to flow control) and now I can see "Flow Control" and "Bandwidth Control" options in ports setup page.

But only in Nebula. Accessing the switch configuration page directly doesn't show the options.

Anyway, now my issue is solved ;)

• PeterUK
    edited August 30

Ok good to know its in Cloud mode that might be the reason

another way to enable flow-control is by SSH

configure

interface port-channel 8

flow-control on

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matwolf

Once your device is managed in Nebula cloud mode, most settings will be hidden in the local GUI. If you've already registered the device to Nebula cloud mode, please manage it via the Nebula Control Center to access the full configuration options. You can find the Flow Control setting under Site-wide > Configure > Switches > Switch ports.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP