NWA130BE multiple SSIDs on one radio - no connection to clients on the same SSID

PeterK4711
PeterK4711 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hi,

I’ve recently installed two NWA130BE in WDS mode. But my issue is independent from the WDS.

As soon as I configure more than one SSID on a radio the clients within the same SSID are not able to see or connect anymore.

Each SSID has a dedicated VLAN set and authentication is set to WPA3. No Layer-2 Isolation and MAC filtering is configured. Enable Intra-BSS Traffic blocking is not enabled, too. No idea what is causing this.

Does any one have an idea or could help.

Thanks.

Peter

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
    edited September 18 Answer ✓

Hi @PeterK4711 ,

We have released a patch to address this issue. Please download the latest firmware file from the provided link via the private message, upgrade your NWA130BE, and confirm if the issue is resolved.

Regards,
    Judy

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
    edited June 11

Hi @PeterK4711 ,

To better support you, could you share the following details with us:

As soon as I configure more than one SSID on a radio the clients within the same SSID are not able to see or connect anymore.

• Are you configuring the SSIDs on the 2.4GHz radio, the 5GHz radio, 6GHz or all?
    • Does the issue occur when clients connect to the Root NWA130BE (with a wired connection as uplink) or the Repeater NWA130BE (with a wireless connection as uplink), or both?
    • How did you determine that clients within the same SSID are unable to see or connect to each other?
    • Which firmware version is your NWA130BE using?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• PeterK4711
    First Comment

Hi Zyxel_Judy,

thanks for your reply.

• Are you configuring the SSIDs on the 2.4GHz radio, the 5GHz radio, or both?

The SSIDs are configured at both radios, communications between clients on the same SSID but different radios 2.4GHz and 5GHz are working. Just clients on the same radio (i.e. two clients at 2.4GHz) are not able to communicate / reach each other.

• Does the issue occur when clients connect to the Root NWA130BE (with a wired connection as uplink) or the Repeater NWA130BE (with a wireless connection as uplink), or both?

Both, tried it also with just one AP. As long as the clients are connected to the same AP the issue appears. As soon as the clients are connected to different APs and /or radios communication is working fine.

• How did you determine that clients within the same SSID are unable to see or connect to each other?

Using application protocols like HTTP and Ping

• Which firmware version is your NWA130BE using?

Latest firmware version is installed V6.75(0) / 2024-03-21 00:35:15.

Tried also standalone and Nebula configuration, both having the same behavior.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @PeterK4711 ,

Thank you for your detailed information.

Based on your description, we tried to reproduce your issue but were unable to. To better support you, we hope you can provide the following files and information:

Step 1:

• Ensure there is only one SSID (e.g., SSID1) in your network.
    • Let 2 clients connect to the same AP on the same band (2.4GHz or 5GHz).
    • Perform a ping test between the 2 clients and then collect the diagnostic file of the AP.

Step 2:

• Add one more SSID (e.g., SSID2).
    • Let 2 clients connect to the same AP on the same band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) of SSID1.
    • Perform a ping test between the 2 clients and then collect the diagnostic file of the AP.

After that, share the SSID1 name, the 2 clients' MAC addresses, and the 2 diagnostic files via private message. To do that, you can click on my account > Message.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @PeterK4711 ,

Thank you for your cooperation in helping us identify the issue. We will address this in the next official firmware release.

To stay updated on fixes, enhancements, and new features, please follow our Wireless News & Releases.

• Zyxel_Judy
    edited September 18 Answer ✓

Hi @PeterK4711 ,

We have released a patch to address this issue. Please download the latest firmware file from the provided link via the private message, upgrade your NWA130BE, and confirm if the issue is resolved.

Regards,
    Judy

• PeterK4711
    First Comment

Hi Judy,

thanks. I‘ve tested the firmware and up to now it looks really good, I‘m not experiencing connection problems anymore. Even so I was not able to do extensive testing I‘m hoping that the issue is fixed.

Thanks and best regards

Peter