myZyxel portal - strange active/inactive devices (200H, Flex100, USG60)

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 248  Master Member
Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector
edited September 24 in Security

Hello everyone,

I went to:

https://portal.myzyxel.com

to check some downloads, I searched for the specific firewall.

I noticed that a 200H linked to Nebula and working since 40 days, is still "inactive":

While a Flex100 always online and linked to Nebula is set as "active":

Is there a specific reason?

For more infos I searched also for an old USG60 and there I found one active (still on production) and the other one shut off.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

Same here I guess its just missing code to show as active

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

The device status shown on the myZyxel portal depends on whether the device has communicated with the Zyxel server within approximately 30 days. If a device has not communicated with the server within this period, it is marked as "inactive."

To investigate further, could you please share your USG FLEX 200H’s MAC address and S/N with us via private msg? We’d be happy to take a closer look.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 248  Master Member
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector

Hi @Zyxel_Kay :

I would also highlight that the search field does not work if I search for 200H:

I need to use its entire name:

Anyway I sent you a PM with details 😁

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

I apologize for the delayed update.

Regarding the device's active/inactive status on myZyxel, as previously mentioned, it displays whether the device has connected to the myZyxel server in the last 30 days. However, since the connection process for the USG FLEX H series firewall differs from our other product lines, this may result in some incomplete information. To check the active or inactive status of the USG FLEX H series firewall, please refer to the connection status on its local GUI or the Nebula Control Center.

Additionally, the device search function on myZyxel supports only full name searches, not partial ones. Therefore, if you would like to search for a specific model, please use the complete name. To enhance your search experience on myZyxel, you can set a custom tag for your device and search using that tag.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Security Highlight