Very slow connections after implementing a XS1930-10

1sierra1
1sierra1 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Comment

I purchased a XS1930-10 to upgrade parts of my network to 10G. It is connected through a DAC-Cable over sfp+-port to a Netgear S3300-52x-POE+-Switch, which connects with 10g (XS1930 shows 10g and the netgear aswell).

Scenario 1:

The XS1930-10 is attached only with dac -cable with the netgear (no other client is connected to the xs1930-10), access from a computer which is connected to the netgear to the gui of the XS1930 is fast and without problems.

Scenario 2:

A Computer is directly attached to the XS1930-10 (which is connected with dac to the netgear). Network connectivity is displayed at the computer but speed is very slow and some pings are lost, some pages can be loaded, but there are numerous timeouts and overall there is a huge problem.
I resetted the XS1930-10 to factory settings, but it didn’t help. There is no loop guard nor spanning tree active, what can be the problem?

Does anyone has a hint for me?

Accepted Solution

• 1sierra1
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Link speed to the client was 1Gbit/s (as expected)

No CRC-Error displayed

Uplink over the dac-cable was 10G

EEE was disabled.

local adresses were pinged (LAN, Domain-Controller, Exchange-Server,…), all of them plugged in to the old switch

To my surprise, when i came today to the office and plugged a different client into the new switch, everything functioned as expected. I then attached my own PC (which didnt run stable on last friday) again to the new switch, and it functioned aswell.

Only difference between Friday and now is, that the new switch run over the weekend with just the uplink plugged in.

So thank you for your message, i don't know how, but the switch now functions properly and the case can be closed.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,254  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @1sierra1,

To better assist you, please help to clarify:

1. What is the link speed in scenario 2?
    2. Is there any CRC error on this connecting port?
    3. What's the link speed of your uplink to the switch?
    4. Did you enable EEE on the switch? If yes, could you disable it and re-plug the cable?
    5. What webpage did you surf? What IP/device did you ping and where is its location?(Like LAN, under switch or router …. etc)

Thanks for your help.

• 1sierra1
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Link speed to the client was 1Gbit/s (as expected)

No CRC-Error displayed

Uplink over the dac-cable was 10G

EEE was disabled.

local adresses were pinged (LAN, Domain-Controller, Exchange-Server,…), all of them plugged in to the old switch

To my surprise, when i came today to the office and plugged a different client into the new switch, everything functioned as expected. I then attached my own PC (which didnt run stable on last friday) again to the new switch, and it functioned aswell.

Only difference between Friday and now is, that the new switch run over the weekend with just the uplink plugged in.

So thank you for your message, i don't know how, but the switch now functions properly and the case can be closed.