admin account always logged in twice, three or more times

AlexandervW
AlexandervW Posts: 7  Freshman Member
First Answer First Comment Friend Collector Sixth Anniversary
edited October 22 in Security

Hi there,

I am managing about a dozen Zyxel firewalls and on all of them I got the same problem since the last firmware update, I suppose. After logging in as "admin", nearly always the "admin" shows login in twice, three times or even more. The problem is then, that I will always get kicked out of the last active messing nearly immediately. Ending one session does sometimes help, but not always.

Btw. macOS and Windows behaves the same!

Is there any way to I avoid this? I have tried changing reauth but does not help.

Many, as always, thanks for your help…

Alexander

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,487  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @AlexandervonW ,

Could you please try logging in again using a in private window or after clearing the cache in your current browser to see if the issue is resolved?

If the issue persists, could you record your screen showing the problem? This will help us better understand the issue.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,380  Guru Member
    50 Answers 1000 Comments Friend Collector Fifth Anniversary

Hi @AlexandervW would you kindly share which model of device you're using?

• AlexandervW
    AlexandervW Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    First Answer First Comment Friend Collector Sixth Anniversary
    edited October 23

Hi all,

so, i use some USG FLEX 200, ATP 500/700 for ex. On all i have the same problem. Attached i have some screens from one USG FLEX 200 and one ATP700, after logging in on a private windows (yes, cleared cache) with Google Chrome on macOS.

Many thanks for help

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,487  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @AlexandervW ,

It appears you have multiple login sessions from the same IP address (same laptop).

To ensure all existing sessions are cleared before troubleshooting:

1. Go to the Login Users tab
    2. Select all users
    3. Click Force Logout
    4. Log in again
    5. Verify that only one user session is active

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Security Highlight