XS1930-10 New Firmware Problem 4.80(ABQE.4)C0

Av3ng3r
Av3ng3r Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary

I just upgraded the firmware on 2 XS1930-10 switches to 4.80(ABQE.4)C0 and noticed high and constantly high CPU utilization for my configuration. CPU steady above 36%.

My switches only have 3x 10 gbps connection and 1x 2.5 gbps and the other one has a 2x LAG 10gbps to a NAS, 2x10 gbps to a computer and AP.

I reverted the firmware to the previous version: 4.80(ABQE.3)C0, and CPU is back to 6% utilization.

Anyone experiencing/experienced the same problem?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 995  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @Av3ng3r

With the firmware update to 4.80(ABQE.4)C0 for the XS1930 series, we included an enhancement for switch port recovery. This new mechanism periodically checks for any ports that may have become unresponsive or lost connectivity. When a port issue is detected, the switch works to restore it automatically, which requires some additional CPU resources.

This enhancement addresses a previously identified issue outlined in the release notes (bug fix #1), as it prevents ports from remaining inactive without user intervention. You can find more details in the release notes here:

XS1930-12HP_4.80(ABQF.4)C0_2.pdf

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Av3ng3r
    Av3ng3r Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary
    edited 3:24AM

Hi Zyxel_Kay,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In my particular case, going from 6% to above 36% seems like a 600% increase for a very light configuration. I saw the CPU even hitting 40% steadily. This translates into additional heat and power consumption.

600% increase seems too much for just checking port status only.

Is there a way to upgrade and disable this feature/function?