NWA1302-AC product

pimo
pimo Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi all,
my scenario is:
I have already an Access Point providing Wireless Internet
I have a Ethernet device that requires 802.3af PoE (PD, PoE Input) to be powered.

Can NWA1302-AC be used to:
1) power up the Ethenet device (NWA1302-AC had to provide PoE out, PSE, 802.3af)
2) connet the NWA1302-AC to the existing WiFi network

Is it possible?

All Replies

• Alfonso
    Alfonso Posts: 257  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @pimo

Power NWA1302 specifications:
    • 802.3at PoE: 20W (include 7W for PoE PSE)
    • 802.3af PoE: 12W (PoE PSE disabled)
    So I understand, it is feasible to use NWA1302 as a power injector if your device is a low power, below 7W.
    And I do not imagine any situation NWA1302 could not connect to an existing Wifi network.

I hope it helps you.

Regards

• pimo
    Alfonso said:
    Hi @pimo

Power NWA1302 specifications:
    • 802.3at PoE: 20W (include 7W for PoE PSE)
    • 802.3af PoE: 12W (PoE PSE disabled)
    So I understand, it is feasible to use NWA1302 as a power injector if your device is a low power, below 7W.
    And I do not imagine any situation NWA1302 could not connect to an existing Wifi network.

I hope it helps you.

Regards

I have bought it, but....
    unfortunately it seems it cannot be set to connect it to an existing Wireless network...

In its setting menu there is not the possibility to set it as repeater but only as Access point.

I'm very disappointed 
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi,

Could you share with us which AP brand you used in your existing Wireless network?
    If you just want to extend the wireless environment to let the stations use the wifi without authentication again when roaming to the NWA1302, have you tried to setup the same SSID, authentication method and the same subnet on NWA1302 for the stations? It should work without setup the repeater.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • pimo

Dear Joslyn,
    regarless of AP brand, your procedure requires to lay a cable between the AP and NWA1302-AC, this is not possible in my scenario.
    I would like to set up the scenario in the above image, and it is not possible without Client Mode on NWA1302-AC (only the AP mode is present in NWA1302-AC, while in other Zyxel device there are other modes, see second image)