ZyXel Nebula cloud managed infrastructure, am I in the twilight zone?

Got a bad quote from Meraki. I'm over their lock-in / rent the stuff we sold you / artificially gimping hardware business plan. I wouldn't do that to my customers and I won't support a company that does.

Need 400 ports worth of switches replaced in three sites. Replace old Unfi wireless APs. Using Meraki firewalls right now. Cloud would be a nice feature to oversee everything.

Stumbled upon ZyXel hardware. Prices and features are right. They have standalone-only, and "Nebula" cloud system models that still allow standalone mode. Cheap licensing.

So why is there almost no talk about this stuff!? Can someone else at least confirm it's real and I didn't just have a fever research dream?

I couldn't find ZyXel Nebula mentioned on this sub. What am I missing here? Seems like a step above Unfi but that's the typical versus Meraki discussion for people not interested in Meraki's pricing model.

All Replies

• RasnoDigl
    RasnoDigl Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
    Good day, I don't like to appear nor give advice; but I can tell you that Zyxel is what you are looking for! the hardware is wonderful, the software the same, the people inside are even more so! Zyxel is a constantly updated structure; I manage several facilities, including a large Enterprise facility with many equipment that far exceeds yours. And my experience was similar to yours, without mentioning the brand, I abandoned them in 2009. Happy Weekend. Zyxel is the right choice! Hi Andrea.
  • ivessm
    ivessm Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Read my post: 

Anyone using Zyxel Nebula?

Yes, it's good hardware and software and the system is easy to understand and use. It has been around for years and more popular outside the US than inside. Pricing is right and the very limited subscription models they have are still fully functional as free without the subscription. 

All of my clients are using ZyXEL USG routers/firewalls and the switches and AP's are going in as upgrades are required. The Nebula management of switches and AP's is great. Read my post above for USG references to Nebula/Console management.

Good luck.

-stew

• HiroyuYulin
    HiroyuYulin Posts: 2
    edited April 2021

Got a bad quote from Meraki. I'm over their lock-in / rent the stuff we sold you / artificially gimping hardware business plan. I wouldn't do that to my customers and I won't support a company that does.

Need 400 ports worth of switches replaced in three sites. Replace old Unfi wireless APs. Using Meraki firewalls right now. Cloud would be a nice feature to oversee everything.

Stumbled upon ZyXel hardware. Prices and features are right. They have standalone-only, and "Nebula" cloud system models that still allow standalone mode. Cheap licensing.

So why is there almost no talk about this stuff!? Can someone else at least confirm it's real and I didn't just have a fever research dream?

I couldn't find ZyXel Nebula mentioned on this sub. What am I missing here? Seems like a step above Unfi but that's the typical versus Meraki discussion for people not interested in Meraki's pricing model.

issue got solvedd

Nebula Tips & Tricks