Nebula Inconsistent in Display of Data/Status

ivessm
ivessm Posts: 45  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
I have been tracking 1 particular switch over the last many days that flipped from GREEN Online to RED Offline about 5 or 6 days ago. It has been RED Offline continuously over the last 5 or 6 days. The switch is set for DHCP and the LAN IP is BLANK and the Public IP is 0.0.0.0

This switch is connected to an upstream switch and that upstream switch shows the connection is active. I do not know if the switch is still active. I have to position a scissor lift to check it out and there are no users on the switch yet. I will check it out tomorrow.

QUESTION: What would cause a switch to go RED in Nebula but maybe still fully functional in operation?

QUESTION: Is there any way in Nebula to reboot the switch? I doubt it because Nebula doesn't even register the IP address. This indicates to me that I might want to set a STATIC IP for all devices so I can check their status if Nebula can't tell me anything about it. 

As to Nebula Inconsistent in Display of Data/Status I logged into Nebula tonight and went directly to the Site > Switch > Switches and got the display of 8 of 11 switches. There was no way for me to get the full 11 switches to display. The 3 missing switches were the one RED Offline & 2 GRAY Offline more than 6 days.

I was only able to get the full 11 switches to display by going to a few other screens and then returning to the  Switch > Switches display. I was then able to see all 11 switches. I find this a problem when working in Nebula and it makes me question the actual data being displayed.

Comments???

-stew

All Replies

• ivessm
    ivessm Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Well, I think I figured this out. 

When I first login the Search Box is set with Status=online OR status=alerting. Once I go in and clear the search and have the Status blank then all switches show up.

My question still stands about what would cause a switch to still be active but go RED in Nebula.

-stew

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @ivessm,

Firstly, for the switch offline event.
    Please download the file in this link for Nebula switch troubleshooting guide.
    Reminder: Please ensure that there is no IP conflict in the environment.
    QUESTION: What would cause a switch to go RED in Nebula but maybe still fully functional in operation?
    A: The main cause is service port 6667/4335 was blocked, but for detailed you could refer to the Tshooting guide file. And when the switch is offline on Nebula, the layer 2 forwarding won't be affected, the only impact is Live tool and monitoring statistics cannot display properly as Nebula won't able to polling the information. However, you may still pre-config and when the switch back to online, Nebula will push the configuration.
    QUESTION: Is there any way in Nebula to reboot the switch? I doubt it because Nebula doesn't even register the IP address. This indicates to me that I might want to set a STATIC IP for all devices, so I can check their status if Nebula can't tell me anything about it.
    A: Yes, the switch can be rebooted from Nebula, but the condition is the switch should be online. And Nebula could not display the IP address, as the switch is currently offline, so it fails to polling the information from the local device (Switch).
    When I first login the Search Box is set with Status=online OR status=alerting. Once I go in and clear the search and have the Status blank then all switches show up.
    A: I assume you've entered from the dashboard, I would like to inform that the device numerator and denominator has its own mechanism. Numerator means to filter online devices only and denominator is display all devices. As figure below,

If the switch still offline, please provide the org/site name and help to activate Zyxel support located at HELP > Support request, to have us the privilege to check the current configuration and status.

Hope it helps,
    Jonas
    Jonas,

Nebula Tips & Tricks