Basic License Considerations

Sébastien Posts: 23  Freshman Member
Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Zyxel licensing and I still have some questions about it.

  1. I have an USG Flex 100 with UTM bundled for 1 year. This gateway is registered in Nebula CC. The bundle also includes Nebula Pro Pack for 1 year. Which licences will I need to renew next year to keep the same service level ? In other terms will I need to renew the UTM pack and Nebula Pro Pack or do the UTM pack also include Nebula Pro Pack when renewing ?
  2. If a USG Flex 100 with UTM bundle has already been set up in standalone mode for months and I switch it to NCC, what about the expiration date of the Nebula Pro Pack licence ?
  3. About Secure-WiFi, which device should be licensed ? The gateway or the APs ?
  4. If I have a gateway and an AP covered both by a Pro Pack and I would like to add a switch to NCC but this switch is a bit older and not covered by a licence (but Nebula capable), do I need to buy a Pro Pack for it ? Same question with a switch covered by a Plus License ? Does an upgrade or equivalent exist ?

All these questions suppose the hardware is installed on a same site or organization.

Thanks a lot.


Accepted Solution

  • Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 189  Zyxel Employee
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Sebastien
    To your questions, here it is the reply.
    1. UTM pack and Nebula Pro Pack need to be renewed separately
    2. The UTM and Nebula Pro Pack license expiration date will be different, UTM license will continue counting down from the original remaining days, and Nebula Pro Pack will have a brand new 1yr license

    3. The Secure-WiFi need to be licensed on the gateway

    4. If your Org. is Pro Pack level and you want to keep it as Pro Pack after adding this switch, you have to purchase a Pro Pack license for it. However, if your original Org. is a base Org, then you don’t have to pay additional license for your switch.

      If your switch has Plus license, after installing into the Pro Org. the Pro Org will be downgraded to Plus Org. If you want to keep the Org. as Pro, you’ll need to purchase the Pro Pack license for this switch. Please have contact with us if this is the case.

All Replies

  • Sébastien
    Sébastien Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    Hi Vic,

    Very clear answers, thanks !  :)


Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!