How to set up GS1900 VLAN's using a non-Zyxel router?
I’m having trouble getting VLANs to work on my Zyxel GS1900-8.
In my test situation, the GS1900-8 has 2 ports connected:
- On port 1, it’s connected to my Asus router with (highly configurable) Fresh tomato firmware. I have 2 VLAN’s on the router; VLAN2 and VLAN3. Those VLANS works fine together with a Zyxel NAP102 WAP that's connected to this ASUS router.
- On port 4, my Windows10 laptop.
All works fine in the 'default' situation; if I configure the ASUS router to send untagged packages to port 1 of the Zyxel GS1900-8, because the GS1900-8 uses it’s default VLAN1 and has all ports in the ‘untagged’ section by default.
Then I tried to set up VLANs by configuring:
- the ASUS router to send tagged VLAN2 and VLAN3 packages to the GS1900-8
- the GS1900-8 as follows:VLAN2 settings: port 1 (the Asus router) = ‘Tagged’, Trunk enabled, port 4 (my laptop) = untagged and Trunk disabled, all other ports=excluded.
This doesn't work; f.i. from my laptop on port 4, I can’t ping the ASUS router on port 1, when I would expect them to connect via VLAN2.
Have I misconfigured something? Or could it be possible that the packaged tagged by the ASUS router aren’t compatible with the GS1900-8? The ASUS router works fine with the Zyxel NAP102 though…
- 5.9K All Categories
- 1.2K Nebula
- 16 Nebula Ideas
- 12 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.4K Security
- 183 Security Ideas
- 592 Switch
- 24 Switch Ideas
- 425 WirelessLAN
- 6 WLAN Ideas
- 4.2K Consumer Product
- 56 Service & License
- 190 New and Release
- 45 Stories
- 24 Security Advisories
- 451 FAQ
- 208 Nebula FAQ
- 99 Security FAQ
- 65 Switch FAQ
- 63 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 20 Nebula Monthly Express
- 33 About Community
- 20 Security Highlight