VLANs not working on GS1900-8

UserJ
UserJ Posts: 3

Hi Zyxel community,

I’m having trouble getting VLANs to work on my Zyxel GS1900-8.

In my (test) situation, the GS1900-8 has 2 ports connected:

• On port 1, it’s connected to my Asus router with (highly configurable) Fresh tomato firmware. I have 2 VLAN’s on that router; VLAN2 and VLAN3. Those VLANS works fine together with a Zyxel NAP102 Wireless AP that's also connected to the ASUS router.
  • On port 4, my Windows10 laptop.

Hardware/cables etc are fine because the 'default' situation works; if I configure the ASUS router to send untagged packages to port 1 of the Zyxel GS1900-8, and set the GS1900-8 to it’s default VLAN1 and all ports in the ‘untagged’ section.  

Then I tried to set up VLANs by configuring:

• the ASUS router to send tagged VLAN2 and VLAN3 packages to the GS1900-8
  • the GS1900-8 as follows: VLAN2 settings: port 1 (the Asus router) = ‘Tagged’, Trunk enabled, port 4 (my laptop) = untagged and Trunk disabled, all other ports ‘Excluded’.

However it doesn't work; f.i. from my laptop on port 4, I can’t ping the ASUS router on port 1, when I would expect them to connect via VLAN2.

Have I misconfigured something? Or could it be possible that the packaged tagged by the ASUS router aren’t compatible with the GS1900-8? The ASUS router works fine with the Zyxel NAP102 though…

Screendumps:

I would highly appreciate your help, I've spent several hours so far, with nog success…

Regards, John

All Replies

Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!