I need firmware for VMG3326-D20A VDSL modem

MAhti
MAhti Posts: 2
Hi, I purchased this device and it is not working.
I believe I need to update the firmware to make it work.
Where can I download firmware for VMG3326-D20A VDSL modem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 1,690  Guru Member
    Accepted Answer
    According to this wiki that modem is only sold to ISP's. So you have to ask the ISP for firmware updates. But as it is quite old, I doubt there are still updates available.
    If that wiki is right, you can try to install OpenWrt for the P-2812HNU-F1, which is identical. Unfortunately you can't install a ZyXEL firmware for the P-2812HNU-F1, as the current firmware won't accept it.

All Replies

• MAhti
    MAhti Posts: 2
    Mijzelf said:
    According to this wiki that modem is only sold to ISP's. So you have to ask the ISP for firmware updates. But as it is quite old, I doubt there are still updates available.
    If that wiki is right, you can try to install OpenWrt for the P-2812HNU-F1, which is identical. Unfortunately you can't install a ZyXEL firmware for the P-2812HNU-F1, as the current firmware won't accept it.

Thanks Mijzelf, this is a really good and clear answer.
    Unfortunately it seems as if I have been mislead when purchasing the modem, the seller said the modem works for any ISP, but it seems it is tied to a specific ISP.
    I believe the steps to install OpenWrt are quite difficult for a normal person, I was hoping it would have been just a firmware update, but it seems to be more complicated than that.
    I will try to roll back the sale, and look to purchase a new modem which is not ISP locked.
    Thanks once again and have a lovely continuation of the summer!