Deregister an AP completely

DanielEscosa
DanielEscosa Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited September 2021 in Nebula
I thought that I had deregistered some AP but at the time of reregistering them in another organization. It tells me that they are used by another user.

Could you help me

All Replies

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi Daniel,

For the case you encountered, kindly use the "Nebula" APP on your smartphone to scan the QR Code (in the sticker of the AP) to register the AP in another organization.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • The problem is that the APs were unregistered from some options but still finding those access points in the organization.
    Could you help me or tell me the steps to completely eliminate the APs from this organization
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2021
    Hi @DanielEscosa

When the AP is first registered in the nebula, Nebula also record it into the organization owner's account.

Even though the AP is unregistered from the organization, this record is still kept and can't be eliminated, so that we can know in which account the device is registered in the last time. (That's why you'll see the notification when you want to register it into other organization with different owner account)

If you want to register this AP into other organization with different owner, kindly use the QR code scanning of the APP. Through the QR code, Nebula can verify that you definitely own the device, so you can successfully register it into the new organization. Meanwhile the device owner will be changed into the new organization owner account.

Best Regards,
    Richard

Nebula Tips & Tricks