Setting static IP address

13»

All Replies

• ComputeInTheCloud
    ComputeInTheCloud Posts: 19  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @ComputeInTheCloud

We checked your AP's diaginfo, the communication between AP and Nebula shows these findings.

Nebula checked AP's ip status failed. AP is unable to connect Nebula.

The needed ports for Nebula management are ports 4335, 6667. 

We can take a look into your ATP500’s configurations and logs.

Can you collect diagnostics of ATP500 and download its startup.conf at MAINTENANCE then send me via private message?

Thank you

Regards, 

Bella

If you can explain what 'diagnostics' you need and how to collect them and give me an email address I may be able to accommodate your request.

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @ComputeInTheCloud

Here is the path to collect information:

At MAINTENANCE page > Diagnostics > click Collect Now > the file will show in Files tab once done.

And download startup-config.conf at File Manager for use to check your firewall rule such as port settings or IP/MAC bindings.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• ComputeInTheCloud

Hi @ComputeInTheCloud

Here is the path to collect information:

At MAINTENANCE page > Diagnostics > click Collect Now > the file will show in Files tab once done.

And download startup-config.conf at File Manager for use to check your firewall rule such as port settings or IP/MAC bindings.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

Bella,
    You had stated that you would give me an email address to send these files to. Have you provided that?
  • Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @ComputeInTheCloud
    From your ATP500 settings, we saw that you had enabled IP/MAC Binding on MPTC_LAN_70, this feature will block those un-authorized IP/MAC address binding which may lead to certain result you saw. Please turn this feature off and have a try again.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    But if you have IP/MAC Binding on you can add the AP MAC and IP out side of the DHCP range should work.
  • ComputeInTheCloud
    Zyxel_Vic said:
    Hi @ComputeInTheCloud
    From your ATP500 settings, we saw that you had enabled IP/MAC Binding on MPTC_LAN_70, this feature will block those un-authorized IP/MAC address binding which may lead to certain result you saw. Please turn this feature off and have a try again.

Zyxel_Vic said:
    Hi @ComputeInTheCloud

This did fix the issue. I guess I do not understand what IP/Mac binding is. I thought it was the ability to set DHCP reservations for devices. Obviously that is incorrect.

Nebula Tips & Tricks