list user name and website visited in the report

Orad
Orad Posts: 16
Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Service & License
Hello,
Director wants to have a report of websites visited by users.
We have SecureReport license, i have enabled SSO with AD.
What other steps i need to complete to get it working and reporting?
thank you

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Orad
    If you would like to log all of websites visited by client, then content filtering license is required.
    You can make sure your configuration on Zywall is correct:
    (1) Make sure SecuReporter function is enabled. (Configuration > Cloud CNM > SecuReporter)

(2) Create Content Filtering rule. (Configuration > UTM Profile > Content Filter)
    And make sure "Log all web pages" has enabled.

(3) Apply Content Filter rule into policy control rule. (Configuration >Security Policy > Policy Control)
    Then device will send log to SecuReporter server those website visited by client.

(4) You can find log entries in SecuReporter > Search Log > Network Activity > Web Content Filter.
    You can filter it by user account. Or export data by .csv file, and search them in excel.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Orad
    If you would like to log all of websites visited by client, then content filtering license is required.
    You can make sure your configuration on Zywall is correct:
    (1) Make sure SecuReporter function is enabled. (Configuration > Cloud CNM > SecuReporter)

(2) Create Content Filtering rule. (Configuration > UTM Profile > Content Filter)
    And make sure "Log all web pages" has enabled.

(3) Apply Content Filter rule into policy control rule. (Configuration >Security Policy > Policy Control)
    Then device will send log to SecuReporter server those website visited by client.

(4) You can find log entries in SecuReporter > Search Log > Network Activity > Web Content Filter.
    You can filter it by user account. Or export data by .csv file, and search them in excel.

• Orad
    Friend Collector
    edited November 2021
    Hello Stanley,
    thank you for the detailed response!
    Will it also log HTTPS sites? or do I have to configure SSL inspection?
    Also, Web Authentication is not required for logging of all the websites, is that correct?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Hi @Orad
    Content Filter support Domain Filter for HTTPs website. Almost HTTPS website could been scanned. But if you would like to block specific keywords by Content Filter, then SSL Inspection is required.

Web Authentication required client login to device before access to Internet.  If SSO agent post correct logged-in user data to USG, then user doesn't require to enter username/password on Web portal anymore.
  • Orad
    Friend Collector
    Web Authentication will also show user name instead of unknown, correct?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Hi @Orad
    If Web Authentication function did not enabled, then un-authorized user traffic will tagged as Unknown in SecuReporter.
  • Orad
    Friend Collector
    Thank you Stanley,
    would it be better to configure Policy Control rule from LAN to WAN, instead of all any?
    Looks like it logs access to internal network resources as well.

• Gandhi
    Gandhi Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Zyxel_Stanley, I follow all the instruction above but My secureporter doesn't show web content filter log. Please help..
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Hi @Gandhi
    You can download your startup-config and send it to me by private message.
    Then I will help to check if configuration is correct. :)

Service & License Help Center