User Configuration number of zones

Options

All Replies

• dnlk17
    dnlk17 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi,
    since 4.72 is already available and contains an urgent vulnerability fix, I wanted to ask if you can provide me again a patched version 4.72 containing the zones-fix?

And I wanted to ask when we can expect a 4.80 version that finally fixes this bug with the zone-limitation?

Thanks & greets,
    Daniel
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    According to this post, 4.73 should be expected as "next release"
    Remember that 4.x devices are going EOL at the end of the year.

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 618  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @dnlk17,
    This zone-fix is added into V4.72C0 already, please refer to the Release note

Do you encounter this after upgrading to V4.72?
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    James
  • dnlk17
    dnlk17 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for the hint @Zyxel_James :)

Sorry my fault, I've just upgraded to 4.72 and zone issues are gone. Thanks a lot guys!
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Emily,

I'm running v5.31(ABAQ.0) on my USG20-VPN and I'm facing the same issue. Currently I've 6 zones configured and trying to add a new zone I'm getting the error below:

-52011: Zones have reached the maximum number

Any update, solution or workaround to fix this issue? I need to add more zone.

Thanks and regards,
    Marco
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,763  Guru Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

The number of zone can very from model to model in my case I did have 15 then a firmware made it 14 checking it now with V4.72(AAAA.0)ITS-22WK28-r104687 your now able to have 16.

With the USG20-VPN being a low model you might not be able to make may zones like the USG40 can only have 8.

Is it a hard limit you might ask? No not really but likely the more zones the more processing is needed more then likely.

looking at the user_guide page 898 under the new name USG FLEX 50W you should be able to do 8

USG20-VPN_V5.31_Ed2.pdf (zyxel.com)

• Zyxel_James
    Options
    Could you provide a screenshot that includes the User Configuration of 6 zones settings and the error message also?
    Thank you.

James

Options
    Hi James,

you can find the screnshoot in attach. As confirmed by Peter in the user guide I can see a limit of 8 zone, but I cannot proceed after the current 6 zone.

Marco
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    Hello @3529242,
    Thanks for your feedback, we're checking the problem, and will keep you updated when there is any progress.

James
  • Zyxel_James
    Options
    We will fix this problem, however V5.32 is about to release, we will merge it to the next firmware version.
    Currently, we could build a workaround firmware for you, please let me know if you need it, I will send it to you via private message, thank you.

James

Security Highlight