Hello,
    @Zyxel_Jeff
    I tested with
    Zyxel USG FLEX 200
    Firmware 5.31(ABUI.0)
    ISP Deutsche Telekom AG

Minimal Topology, one Device on LAN 1
    WAN pppoe with VLAN 7

Im currently in Nebula Cloud Mode. But I have my configuration saved. As I said before, I will look into this mess a second time but first I would like to know if there is a SSM implementation...

@Niro96 did you get any further and possibly got it to work ?
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @FelixSchneider
    Currently, we don't support IGMPv3 over PPPoE and SSM(Source Specific Multicast ) features.
    But we will transfer your requirement to our ideas for our future development, thanks.
  • FelixSchneider
    FelixSchneider Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Hello @Zyxel_Jeff,
    Thanks for this definitive answer, rather unfortunate that Magenta TV with Multicast won't work.
    Looking forward to your solution in the future.

• Niro96
    Niro96 Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    At that time I had received a special firmware from the support. This has activated the multicast in the PPOE connection. And then it worked.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hello @Niro96

May I know what is the special firmware version? Once you updated the special firmware, can you use IPTV to play streaming video and switch channels normally?
  • Niro96
    Options
    Hello Jeff,

I got the firmware via Dropbox. When I installed it, German Magenta TV worked on all channels without any problems. The FW was called DF(510ABUH0ITS-WK02-2022-01-19-211201687D). I still have these.

greeting
    Marcus
  • FelixSchneider
    FelixSchneider Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello,
    that sounds great, maybe the addition for this feature for a stable Firmware release won`t be that far in the future after all @Zyxel_Jeff.
    @Niro96 Im Guessing only working in Self Managed mode or does it even work in Cloud Mode (NCC) ?

Greetings
    Felix
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @Niro96

OK, thanks for your response. When you use the  DF(510ABUH0ITS-WK02-2022-01-19-211201687D) are there any error messages showing "old IGMP version'"? Does Magenta TV box support IGMPv2 also or IGMPv3 only?
  • Niro96
    Options
    I always got an error message related to the IGMP protocol. You are using an old version. Magenta TV only uses IGMP v3. Despite this message, it worked without problems. I cannot answer whether this firmware also works in cloud mode.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

(1). When you using the DF, did you try to connect Magenta TV box behind your USG Flex 100 physical LAN port directly, rather than switch?
    I mean the topology is ISP Router -> USG Flex100 -> IPTV box and is it working?
    And this topology  ISP Router -> IPTV box and is it working?
    (2). Could you provide the video or screenshots of the old IGMP version message?
    (3). Had you confirmed with the IPTV provider, why there are old IGMP version messages?

Security Highlight