I was buy second hand Zyxel NWA1123-AC PRO and its register already

Options
McPikul
McPikul Posts: 3
Hi looking for help, I was buy second hand Zyxel NWA1123-AC PRO and its register already and I cant setup is anyone who can help me with? I have this AC with box and all paperwork even with first owner address on the box. Please tell me that its possible fix that. Thanks 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @McPikul

Here are the steps to add AP into your Nebula.

> Power on the AP but DO NOT provide internet for AP or it will go online in previous owner’s Nebula and get configurations.

> To ensure the AP reset to default, please do hardware reset by press the button on the device.

To move AP from one organization to another and two org belongs to different users.

You can use Nebula APP that has built-in QR code scanner for adding devices into your site quickly.

If there is no QR code sticker outside the box or on the NWA1123AC PRO, please follow the guide to generate Nebula QR code with standalone mode.

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/12903

After device has registered in your Nebula, give the AP internet to be online and enjoy your wireless.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• McPikul
    Options
    Thank you for your answer, have one more question. What if Im private person and dont have Business is still need register Nebula or I can in this way just setup as standing alone? Thanks 

P.S I was looking for that QR code and on device itself is not show any, box dont have as well or its under amazon shipping lable, I found only QR code on Warranty Card its that one?
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 440  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @McPikul

It is recommended to manage AP by Nebula because you could remotely change settings and monitor the network status.

Nebula also provides Mobile APP for user to easily start up the Nebula account, register device, create wireless network.

We have many end users manage APs by Nebula even just less units in their environment.

Thanks for the update about the QR code, the only way to generate an electronic one please follow the steps in the link mentioned above.

Regards,

Bella

• McPikul
    Options
    Even Im private user you recommend me to register Nebula account? Thanks 
  • Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I also use Nebula to manage my home APs (there're two devices).

I think the most convenient thing is, I can check my AP's status even I'm outside my house.
    Also, I can complete all the settings through Internet, and I don't even need to know my AP's IP address in my house!

You can try to use Nebula for AP management even there's only one! If you still don't like this way, you can unregister it from Nebula, and use it at standalone mode (traditional way). 
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,302  Guru Member
    Options
    In a world of free speech and opinion, let me tell why i think that unless specific scenarios, cloud management could not be that necessary.

An arrangament of few local APs (up to 50) and without having multiple sites with no VPN, if one of the two sites is "home base", can lead a bit more work for setting up and update the devices at first, but then the necessity of internet would be related only to NTP server (if not present in LAN). Firmware update (which happens twice a year top) will be a task to keep on agenda.
    The minus is no continuos monitoring, but surely less internet traffic for data exchange between the site and the NCC.

Nebula Tips & Tricks