Application Patrol Issue Nebula Devices Do Not Upgrade No News !!

Options
Sébastien
Sébastien Posts: 41  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited March 2022 in Nebula
Hello support,

Yesterday an automatic upgrade to the latest firmware should have been done at 2pm+1 but for a customer complete org it didn't happen. Worse : I can see that an upgrade is available but when I click on "upgrade now" it doesn't do anything. All sites are impacted ! Even a schudeled upgrade does not work, nothing happens.

I'm stuck because I can't event reboot the devices and I don't want to recover all of them if a power outage happens ! Who will pay for that ?!

EDIT : don't know why but a few minutes I tried to upgrade again on nebula and it worked. What did you do ? What was the problem ?

Regards,

Sébastien

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Sebastien,

good that it works now for you, our team is still working in the backend on the recovery and may find a way to i.e. "delete the bad downloaded" part and you could have the next try.

Regarding the Support, please be aware, that the Teams Session was just an ad-hoc Brainstorming Assistance Session for a selected time, the Follow Up is following our Standard ways.

You can register here as a Partner with your company: https://partner.zyxel.eu/

This will give you pro-active Information from Pre-Sales Team in such a situation.

For Support (always) I suggest being in touch with us through the System: 
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093996354

This guarantees that all Agents see your updates, respond based on SLA on time and if needed can arrange a phone call with you. As registered Partner mentioned above you even have quicker Reply Times.

Thanks for Understanding.

Tobias

All Replies

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Options
    Hi Sebastien,

the current situation is still: All your devices are Online and Traffic works as expected.

Please note that the wording was not a guarantee of a working solution around that time, I can tell you my lunch didn´t happen, as we working all-time on the issues you mention and we are still doing it as you see I reply to you "after office hours" here.

So far the current status is, that the Update can still not proceed and we still checking on it.

As this is not an official Support Forum, I´ll ping you more details into Ticket on the Ticket Number I shared yesterday with you, so no need to open a thread from here.

Thank you and be in touch with you soon.

Tobias
  • Sébastien
    Sébastien Posts: 41  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi Tobias,

Yes I know that the situation is still but a power outage/surge can happen anywhen or an employee could power off or restart the appliance accidently. The customer is aware of the problem but it's not its job.

Finally I don't know what you already did but now it works, I tried to upgrade all sites again with success a few minutes ago.

What I blame the support for is that I had no news at all for about 24 hours in this critical case.

Regards,

Sébastien  
  • Zyxel_Tobias
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Sebastien,

good that it works now for you, our team is still working in the backend on the recovery and may find a way to i.e. "delete the bad downloaded" part and you could have the next try.

Regarding the Support, please be aware, that the Teams Session was just an ad-hoc Brainstorming Assistance Session for a selected time, the Follow Up is following our Standard ways.

You can register here as a Partner with your company: https://partner.zyxel.eu/

This will give you pro-active Information from Pre-Sales Team in such a situation.

For Support (always) I suggest being in touch with us through the System: 
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093996354

This guarantees that all Agents see your updates, respond based on SLA on time and if needed can arrange a phone call with you. As registered Partner mentioned above you even have quicker Reply Times.

Thanks for Understanding.

Tobias

Nebula Tips & Tricks