GS1900-10HP Wake on LAN

Options
2»

All Replies

• jeffshead
    jeffshead Posts: 7
    Options

As I stated earlier, I’ve turned off all power saving settings in the OS, BIOS and NIC driver settings. You cannot add a NIC to a micro form factor PC. Below is a list of all power saving settings in the Intel NIC drivers that I have disabled:

• Energy Efficient Ethernet
    • Link Speed Battery Saver
    • Reduce Speed on Power Down
    • System Idle Power Saver
    • Ultra Low Power Mode
    So none of those settings disables link speed reduction at idle?

• Fred_77
    Fred_77 Posts: 115  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @jeffshead
    I got a similar issue (not with Dell): in my case an option within the BIOS related to Energy Star Certification had to be disabled otherwise any other configuration on WOL and NIC spèed would be ignored.

Fred
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,648  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @jeffshead,

I think "Reduce Speed on Power Down" should be the option to avoid speed been changed to 10M/F, you may select this option and connect your PC to normal port to check if the speed been changed to 10M/F or not. This help to verify this option work normally or not.

Hi @bandkarde3,

Welcome to Zyxel community.
    That's because the SFP port only support 100M & 1G speed.
    So may you check your NIC driver if there's an option to avoid reduce speed when sleep or Reduce Speed on Power Down?
    If there has this option, may you enable it and connect your PC to normal port to check if the speed been changed to 10M/F or not. This help to verify this option work normally or not. 

Zyxel Melen