NR7101 Firmwares

Hallo :-) where can i download acutal firmware files?
In particular i am searching for 

„V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ 
„RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G“ 

Others get these updates over the air.
The support page / download library is just unsatisfying
«1

All Replies

  • Stiel
    Stiel Posts: 18
    Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    yep, im trying to find the ABUV.6 firmware, seems it is still in beta.
    R11A07 instead is already available. there is also a DFOTA for it. try ask customer service, they should be able to provide it.
  • Stiel
    Stiel Posts: 18
    Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    supajo said:
    Hallo :-) where can i download acutal firmware files?
    In particular i am searching for 

    „V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ 
    „RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G“ 

    Others get these updates over the air.
    The support page / download library is just unsatisfying
    „V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ is a personalized ISP firmware, it's not for generic NR7101 zyxel.
    ABUV.6 is still in beta, and i can give you the link. I have been using it for a few time now, and everything is ok.
    But be warned there are a few things that can happen, i had mine ending up in a loop, when i use DSS + double cell lock, so be carefull.
    100ABUV6b1_0221
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19il1MN_64QTsvv-28iTv3j8sBloe9Guq/view?usp=sharing
    RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G-RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G.zip
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wpOqRDv2ZS0nTw7VgrYmXqdc-Ba1FMwu/view?usp=sharing
  • Lmic
    Lmic Posts: 1
    edited May 20
    Any changelog available for the latest firmware and modem ?
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 435
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary
     Master Member
    No change log that I know @Lmic

    The following thread might also be helpful, https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13206/connection-troubles-with-nr7101-after-every-24-48-hours#latest

    Kind regards,
        Tony
  • Stiel
    Stiel Posts: 18
    Friend Collector
     Freshman Member
    Lmic said:
    Any changelog available for the latest firmware and modem ?
    Modem firmware sure, there is, not much changed, for zyxel firmware nope, but V6 is still a big update tho.
    As you can see, R13 line, is the new qualcomm binary, and it adds 5G CA.
    Unfortunately, there is no Dfota for that, not sure if there will ever be.
    And customer service refuse me to give me instructions on how to update the module with Qfirehose whit their firmware, so the only way to go to R13 atm, is to switch to ROOter, upload R13, then get back to zyxel firmware.
    But its not something for the faint of heart let's say.
    Also V6 sort of support it, i expect for the stable V6 to have full R13 support.
  • n_o
    n_o Posts: 28
    First Comment
     Freshman Member
    Stiel said:

    „V1.00(ABUV.6)b2_E0“ is a personalized ISP firmware, it's not for generic NR7101 zyxel.
     
    hello,
     do you know for what provider it is ?

    i am having problems with german telekom



  • SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 92
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
     Ally Member
    edited July 8
    Saw this on a forum.....

    If anyone of you also uses Telekom D1 (APN internet.t-d1.de) with a public IPv4 address that allows accepting incoming connections, I can advise you to daily reboot the device (to force obtaining a new modem dial and fresh IPv4 address).
    I noticed that roughly after 24...48 hours of uptime Telekom blocked incoming connections partially, mainly originating from Telekom mobile data clients like my phone.
    It's kind of obscure, because connections originating from Telekom or O2 DSL I've tested still could connect to my server running on T-D1.
    I read somewhere on telekom-hilft.de in a forum thread, that this is intended behaviour of Telekom to keep business users away from running permanent servers with a static IP address while on mobile data APN internet.t-d1.de.

    The workaround is: Put a daily reboot of your Quectel NR 7101 in place and since I did that, my incoming connections worked - regardless where they originated from.
  • n_o
    n_o Posts: 28
    First Comment
     Freshman Member
    SELBERG said:
    Saw this on a forum.....

    If anyone of you also uses Telekom D1 (APN internet.t-d1.de) with a public IPv4 address that allows accepting incoming connections, I can advise you to daily reboot the device (to force obtaining a new modem dial and fresh IPv4 address).
    I noticed that roughly after 24...48 hours of uptime Telekom blocked incoming connections partially, mainly originating from Telekom mobile data clients like my phone.
    It's kind of obscure, because connections originating from Telekom or O2 DSL I've tested still could connect to my server running on T-D1.
    I read somewhere on telekom-hilft.de in a forum thread, that this is intended behaviour of Telekom to keep business users away from running permanent servers with a static IP address while on mobile data APN internet.t-d1.de.

    The workaround is: Put a daily reboot of your Quectel NR 7101 in place and since I did that, my incoming connections worked - regardless where they originated from.

    if this only effects incomming connections from other telekom mobile devices , its not a problem for most use cases.
  • BrandSafway
    BrandSafway Posts: 12
    First Comment
     Freshman Member
    n_o said:
    SELBERG said:
    Saw this on a forum.....

    If anyone of you also uses Telekom D1 (APN internet.t-d1.de) with a public IPv4 address that allows accepting incoming connections, I can advise you to daily reboot the device (to force obtaining a new modem dial and fresh IPv4 address).
    I noticed that roughly after 24...48 hours of uptime Telekom blocked incoming connections partially, mainly originating from Telekom mobile data clients like my phone.
    It's kind of obscure, because connections originating from Telekom or O2 DSL I've tested still could connect to my server running on T-D1.
    I read somewhere on telekom-hilft.de in a forum thread, that this is intended behaviour of Telekom to keep business users away from running permanent servers with a static IP address while on mobile data APN internet.t-d1.de.

    The workaround is: Put a daily reboot of your Quectel NR 7101 in place and since I did that, my incoming connections worked - regardless where they originated from.

    if this only effects incomming connections from other telekom mobile devices , its not a problem for most use cases.

    i did a test with DTAG on a business contract and it seems they also throttle the upload speed somewhere after around 20 gigabyte in 24 hours to only 10mbit/s. download stays fine. so unless you reboot to get a new wan ip. the link will stay throttled.

    could Zyxel not implement a daily reboot in the schedule?
    i know it is possible to select a specific date and reboot it for example every sunday.
    but in case of above. we would require a daily reboot to prevent such undocumented business practices.

Consumer Product Help Center