Advice on selection of APs for SOHO environment.
newbie here. I am coming from a consumer grade network equipment and intend to replace this something similar to the NWA/WAX range.
I am seeking your advice on which of Zyxels APs which would be best value for my conditions and needs (as below).
b) Well functioning quick hand off of wireless devices between APs (without VPN disconnects)
c) QoS capable as 4K-stream video is going to be parallel to work related video conferencing (over vpn) and gaming (that's life w kids).
d) must support multiple SSIDs & VLANs as IoT, guest networks etc shall be separated
e) must be supported by vendor post sales with focus on resolving issues w functionality as well as security.
1) 2800 sqft (260m2) house, (approximately 50x30 feet), 2,5 floors, armoured lightweight concrete outer walls (lower floor) & between floors.
2) incoming fiber - center of one of the shorter walls (eg not centered but one side of house).
3) Fiber 250/250, 1.3ms lag.
4) Some 40 wireless devices majority is AX/AC but still some 802.11n. Increasing amount of 2.4band IoT.
Thank you very much in advance.
- 7K All Categories
- 1.4K Nebula
- 29 Nebula Ideas
- 35 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.9K Security
- 200 Security Ideas
- 719 Switch
- 29 Switch Ideas
- 595 WirelessLAN
- 8 WLAN Ideas
- 4.5K Consumer Product
- 97 Service & License
- 215 New and Release
- 68 Stories
- 38 Security Advisories
- 496 FAQ
- 217 Nebula FAQ
- 120 Security FAQ
- 72 Switch FAQ
- 67 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 4 Consumer Product FAQ
- 30 Nebula Monthly Express
- 43 About Community
- 31 Security Highlight