SAML authentication / Nebula Cloud authentication

n_j
n_j Posts: 11  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Nebula Ideas
It would be nice if Nebula could authenticate users via SAML.

WPA Enterprise with "Nebula Cloud authentication", authenticated by eg. Azure AD
6 votes

In Plan · Last Updated

Comments

• We're also looking for Single Sign-On to Nebula via Azure AD.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,591  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @JeffRyer,

Thanks for your comment. To better understand your specific needs, could you please provide more details about your use case? Are you looking for SSO with Azure AD when logging in to Nebula? Logging in to the Captive portal? Or logging in to Wi-Fi with WPA2/3 enterprise?

Zyxel Melen

• n_j
    n_j Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

• My request was to authenticate wifi users by Azure AD.
    • That somehow WPA Enterprise with "Nebula Cloud authentication" could pass the auth request to Azure AD via SAML. I do not want to maintain a userdatabase in Nebual itself.

The use case is this:

Having a lot of small offices only conencted to internet, it is not "possible" to have a central RADIUS server to authenticate. (Well, using VPN tunnels it would be possible, but that is not an option). Since Azure AD is alredy used for auth, it would make sense to use it for wifi too.

• JeffRyer
    JeffRyer Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

I'm looking for SSO into Nebula via Microsoft MyApps. We have all of our apps except Zyxel in the MyApps portal and it's a struggle for techs to sign in. I've tried to make it easier with Keeper password manager, but the captcha interrups and then it is unable to fill the OTP code. Even by the time you get your username, password, captcha, OTP code and are finally signed in its still hunting and searching for Nebula app and then a few more clicks to finally get into nebula where you're presented wtih a menu of customers, click there, then find the site. It's a lot. SSO would help a lot. But even without SSO is there a way to remember the computer/browser so as not to have to do the captcha and MFA every time?

• Jamiewyc
    Jamiewyc Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    10 Comments

We have been asking for this for a long time. Please can Zyxel update us as to why this hasn't been achieved? It's such a hugely beneficial feature that the community have requested frequently. It's rather disappointing that Zyxel keep sweeping this under the rug.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,591  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Jamiewyc,

Thank you for reaching out to inquire about the progress of this requested feature. I'd like to provide an update on its status. Our team has thoroughly examined the feasibility and intricacies of implementing this function. Due to its complexity, we require additional time to ensure it meets our standards of quality and functionality.

I also want to clarify that the prioritization of feature development is influenced by the community's interest, assessed through votes and comments. While this particular request has not yet garnered significant community attention, it remains an integral part of our development roadmap.

Rest assured, we are committed to enhancing our products with valuable features like this one. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to stay connected for future updates on this feature.

Zyxel Melen

• ticsystems
    ticsystems Posts: 52  ZCNE Certified
    First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2020 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude

I have been waiting for this functionality for a long time. Being able to log in with AzureAD would be great.

Nebula Tips & Tricks