Armor G1 getting hot and rebooting

I have a new Armor G1 since a week. It gets very hot - I mean really very hot ! - and it reboots at least once a day. Sometimes it just gets hang up with the LED-stripe on the front getting red and I hace to pull the power to get it to restart.
I can´t see that this should be a normal behaviour, are anyone else having the same problem? Should it really get so hot?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Ingemar said:
    I have a new Armor G1 since a week.
    I'd ask from the supplier some info. Maybe you can have a replacement unit.
    Unfortunately "very hot" is not measureable for me. I worked on switches that went close to 55°C and everything was allright, other routers over 35°C were slower than a drunk slug, and only after a PII heatsink applied changed gear to "normal" (really janky setup).
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    edited August 2022
    Hi @Ingemar

Please place Armor in a ventilated where the place the temperature would not easily get so high.
    You can check when there is no device put under Armor G1, will the Armor G1 device temperature still gets very hot?
  • Rick37
    Rick37 Posts: 4
    my g5 gets hot to mostly on base  of router  , mine started to lose connection .my way was to flip the  router over hot side up  fixed my problem..
  • Ingemar
    Ingemar Posts: 3
    Zyxel_Jerry:

It is placed on the wall with good ventilation. I have tried to turn it upside-down to redirect the airstream through the unit.
    I will go back to the shop where I bought it to get it returned/swapped to a new unit!
    It just can´t be right with a new unit rebooting once or twice everyday, and a consumer product that doesn´t work in a normal living surrounding.
  • Ingemar
    Ingemar Posts: 3
    Rick37 said:
    my g5 gets hot to mostly on base  of router  , mine started to lose connection .my way was to flip the  router over hot side up  fixed my problem..
    It doesn´t help, I have tried but the unit keeps rebooting once or twice every day. I will return it to the shop where I bought it!
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Ingemar

If after reset the device and the symptom still the same, please contact local support for the RMA process.

Consumer Product Help Center