Nebula i. Hotel scenario

Neeraj
Neeraj Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
Can we use nebula plus for hotel guests wifi authentication. Can we integrate it with  IDS Next hotel management software.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Dear Customer,

You can use guests wi-fi authentication function with any Nebula pack. Note that the difference between packs is the number of authorized entries for the NCC cloud user database like 50 only on Base Pack, 100 only on Plus Pack, unlimited on Pro Pack. If you would like to know more information about the Nebula Plus pack Nebula Plus & Professional Packs Feature List (zyxel.com)

Following the below steps, you can configure guests wi-fi authentication by using WAP Enterprise with Nebula cloud authentication or My RADIUS server.

Method 1: WAP Enterprise with WPA2/ WAP3 with Nebula cloud authentication

Ø   Open the Access point >> Configure >> SSID advanced setting >> Network access >> Security options

Choose “Nebula cloud authentication” option, then click Save.

Ø   Open the Site-wide >> Configure >> Cloud authentication >> User >> Add information at least with Email and Password.

Method 2: WAP Enterprise with WPA2/ WAP3 with My RADIUS server

Ø   Open the Access point >> Configure >> SSID advanced setting >> Network access >> Security options

Choose My RADIUS server, add RADIUS server’s information, then click Save.  

Ø   Configure to trust AP on RADIUS server

At the present, we have not support to integrate Nebula wi-fi authentication with DS Next hotel management software yet. Please follow us to know more about new function and feature in the next time.

Judy

• i am currently using Mikrotik router to enable guest wifi and authentication. While i do not dig integration yet, the network in our area is patchy with lots of downtime. At that it would be great to have users see a maintenance page, like this https://buy.guru/script-hotspot-mikrotik-maintenancepage or here https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=86552. however with mikrotik it is not easy to implement. Is your solution more noob friendly?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @buyguru,

At the present, there is no maintenance page in captive portal when Internet is down. 
    We'll create a feature request and evaluate carefully about that. 
    Please follow us to know any enhancements.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks