Upgrade ZyWall310 to latest firmware (v4.20 to v4.72)

Options
MySupport
MySupport Posts: 1
Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
edited August 2022 in Security
Hello There.

I need to update a router that is still running on firmware version V4.20(AAAB.2)

According to the release notes it is recommended to follow an upgrade path as follows: 4.20 => 4.38+ => ZLD4.62 Patch0 => ZLD4.65 Patch1 => ZLD4.72
In the download area version 4.62 is no longer available. Can upgrade directly to 4.72?

Thx in advance.

All Replies

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Upgrading your router to the latest version should normally be no problem, unless there are any custom configurations you were hoping to keep through the upgrade. (edit: Removed part of the sentence where I claimed that the router model info was missing, but it is present in the title.) I would like to suggest that you save one or more backup files from your router before performing the upgrade.

Please be aware that custom scripts might not work after the upgrade, and some custom settings might also stop working, so you may have to review and reenter the configuration after the upgrade. To that end, you may want to check out any existing configuration pages in your router and make a note (or make screen shots) of your current setup before upgrading, and possibly losing your current configuration.
  • smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 161  Master Member
    Options
    Another thought: Have you tried upgrading to V4.25 and from there upgrade via the web GUI, either automatically or manually? (I don't have this model available, but the documentation claims it should be possible.)
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    If the original firmware version 4.20(AAAB.2) is official version, ZyWALL 310 can be upgraded directly to 4.72(AAAB.0). We also suggest you save the startup-config.conf before performing firmware upgrade. More detailed information can be found in this discussion.

Security Highlight