NWA1123-AC-PRO Blocks certain traffic & update issues

Options
T_Verona
T_Verona Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi,

Our AP seems to block certain traffic. For example, we have an Amazon Music subscription for our premises and everything else in terms of online traffic seems to work fine however, Amazon Music traffic is blocked. I can't see any settings in Nebula that I can change to remedy the issue.

I've also tried to update the AP to the latest firmware version however, Nebula never seems to initiate the update. 

Any help appreciated. Many Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jay
    Zyxel_Jay Posts: 165  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi Customer

The main purpose of the AP is to receive wireless packets and forward the information to the next network device, and it does not have the function of restricting the traffic of specific websites.

Usually, the problem occurs by your firewall policy or the DNS SERVER cannot analysis Amazon.com successfully. You can see the log information from the firewall, or you can use the wired computer connected on the same network and use the windows command "nslookup Amazon.com" to determine whether there is a DNS parsing error

About “I've also tried to update the AP to the latest firmware version however, Nebula never seems to initiate the update. “

Please help us check your firmware version first. The last firmware version is 6.25(ABHD.8)C0. If your firmware is already in the last firmware, it won’t be upgraded.

If you can’t upgrade the firmware successfully, you can use the windows command “nslookup firmware.nebula.zyxel.com”. If you analyze it fails, please check your DNS server and release the domain.

And you can turn on Zyxel Support. You can refer to this article.

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/14234

Let us check your AP status.

Thank you

Jay

Nebula Tips & Tricks