NR7101 (100ABUV6C0 with R11A07) - LTE Random Disconnects

Options
Noddy
Noddy Posts: 47  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hey, has anyone been having problems with the latest Firmware and Modem Code File?  Since updating I've been having random drops.  In the log, CELLWAN reports "RILCMD: Reset LTE module because of timeout flag is 1" and "RILCMD: generic_tx_timeout_recover() RESET LTE module wait for 25 secs."

At first I thought it was a problem with my Asus XT12 Mesh WiFi units as sometimes you have to change the "WAN DHCP Query Frequency" to "Continous" in order to stop random WAN disconnects.  However this is not the case here - after investigation the drop is occuring on the NR7101 LTE module.  And the Asus logs match the NR7101 for the time of the drop reporting "kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 5) (Logical Port: 5) (phyId: 11) Link DOWN."

This is purely the NR7101 dropping the connection.  1 - 2 minutes later the log will show "RILCMD: set_LTE_connection_status: Up" and "esmd: LTE WAN wwan0 link up".

Signal quality isn't an issue.  5G speeds are fine.  The unit has been in situ for a long time.  Uptime is just 4 days.  This has all started since updating to V6 and R11A07.

I'm yet to perform a factory reset of the NR7101.  But wondered if anyone else is seeing this issue?

Thanks.

All Replies

• Noddy
    Noddy Posts: 47  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Well 4 days since factory reset and so far no further LTE module disconnects on the NR7101.  I think going forwards if the FW is updated - then do a reset, regardless.  Safest way.
  • jgr
    jgr Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Did you have later more of these drops? I have the same problem, I have latest firmware's in, and still keeps dropping connection.

Zyxel is investigating this issue.

• HQWR
    HQWR Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited August 2023
    Options

Any solution to this case? I just updated my Zyxel NR7101 modem firmware from RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G-R11A07 to RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G-R13A02 and after that my LTE connection started dropping off all the time and give same kind off errors than Noddy got. Before update connection was stable. Before and after modem update router’s firmware was 100ABUV8C0. I also tried to down grade modem firmware back to old one but I could not do it.

• HQWR
    HQWR Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Problem was in ISP side so problem solved.

Consumer Product Help Center