Wireless MESH and nebula NR5101

Options
Is there a way to use the Nebula NR5101 as router in a MESH system. I have found some descriptions on this site, but that is for a wired AP mesh network. Wired is not an option for me.

The system I would need is a system with wireless mesh antennes and the NR5101 as router / gateway for the MESH.

I am currently using an Amplifi MESH system where the router is located next to the NR5101and the antennas located around the house. The only function for the NR5101 is currently to be 5G WAN gateway, and that is frankly a shame.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi there,

We can’t use the Nebula NR5101 as router in a MESH system. However, note that Nebula NR5101 isn’t designed only a simple network router, but it also combines WLAN AP, LAN gateway, and USB 2.0 functions into one box. Its WiFi 6 can share up to 64 wireless devices simultaneously. Moreover, we can use Nebula to manage the device anytime anywhere.

To know more about Nebula NR5101, please refer at Nebula NR5101 | Zyxel Networks

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Bigtroll001
    Options
    I'm well aware of all the functionality mentioned. What I was missing was the MESH. And that is apparently not a functionality even though the unit can handle 64 units. Is it expected to have 64 units wirelessly within WiFI coverage range of a few meters?? Strange idea. But that's why the MESH would be an obvious addon. 
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your idea. We’ll evaluate this feature thoroughly in the next time.

Please follow us to know more about new function and feature.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks