XGS1210-12 SFP+ T module

Options
Good day,
is there any compatible SFP+ T module for XGS1210-12 switch? I have tried with Mikrotik S+RJ10 module, there are lights working but RX is 0. I have two XGS1210-12 switches and tried to connect them with patch CAT 7 cable together with SFP+ T modules, but without success. Thanks in advance. 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 661  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @Fr_mau92,
    We only guarantee our transceiver with switch however Zyxel currently does not have SFP to RJ45 10G module, but we will release it next year. I will update here if there's any new information
    Chris
  • asfsdfsf32q3ewfewf
    Options

Our ISP is providing 10G on RJ45 and I am looking for a  XGS1210-12 -compatible SFP+ RJ45 10GB module … can you propose a compatible module @Zyxel_Chris ?

• mparka
    mparka Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited April 17
    Options

I had (as I sold them already) exactly the same switch XGS1210-12, exactly the same MikroTik transceivers. And… they worked fine.

BTW. Are you using v2 (please look at serial number on the transceivers)? I think I have read, that v1 was having some issues with negotiating speeds like 2.5 or 5gbps. The ones which I have owned - no issues.

2nd transceiver which is working fine is: https://www.amazon.pl/gp/product/B0BZPBQX3Z/ref%3Dppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also - please take a look here:

This is discussion about problems with 2.5G Tranceivers. But in this discussion - I have posted screens showing that Mikrotik S+RJ10 is connecting correctly.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 562  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @asfsdfsf32q3ewfewf

The SFP10G-T transceiver is compatible with the XGS1210-12. However, it's important to note that when using the SFP10G-T, it may generate more heat. Since the XGS1210-12 is designed to be fanless, it's crucial to ensure that your environment temperature remains below 25°C and that there's adequate ventilation if you choose to use the SFP10G-T with the switch. This is why you won't find it listed on our XGS1210-12 datasheet.

On the other hand, we recommend considering our XGS1250-12. This switch is equipped with 3x 10G RJ-45 ports, eliminating the need for a module to convert SFP+ ports to RJ-45. Additionally, you won't have to worry about potential overheating issues.

ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Kay